Next release names?

jerome
Does someone have any idea for next release names[1]?

Gramps 3.4.4 will be released soon, but I have no idea for a possible name (and for next releases[1]). Any ideas are welcome.

[1] http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Previous_releases

best regards,
Jérôme

Re: Next release names?

Benny Malengier

2013/5/12 jerome <[hidden email]>
Does someone have any idea for next release names[1]?

Gramps 3.4.4 will be released soon, but I have no idea for a possible name (and for next releases[1]). Any ideas are welcome.

[1] http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Previous_releases

Do we still want Monty Python references for the 4.x releases? For me at least, that is not needed.

Benny

best regards,
Jérôme

Re: Next release names?

derHeinzi
On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:43:19 +0200, jerome <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does someone have any idea for next release names[1]?

We have also developed a tomato which can eject itself when an accident is imminent.
(From episode 34)

Version 4.0.x could have names from episode 40 (The golden age of ballooning), e.g.:
What is washing when we are on the verge of a great scientific breakthrough?
or
Welcome to our humble abode.

Version 4.1.x from episode 41 (Michael Ellis)

 From version 5 we would have to find another source of quotes. AFAIK there is no episode past 45?
Heinz

Re: Next release names?

Zissis Papadopoulos
A couple of suggestions...
"I am no longer infected"
"Forget about your sin, give the audience a grin"

Oh and please, make a AIO64bit version available for 3.4.4. Thanks!

Zissis

Re: [Gramps-users] Next release names?

I started to list them:
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Previous_releases

Thank you!

Le 13/05/2013 10:22, Ken B a écrit :

> On 13/05/13 08:35, Emmanuel Hivernat wrote:
>> Le 12/05/2013 22:04, Marco Tulio Malagosto a écrit :
>>> The Ministry of Silly Names :)

> For what it's worth I like these names, given the release plans.
> May not mean so much to windows users, but Gramps was originally Linux.
>
> Ken.
>>

>>    /The Meaning of Life/
>>
>> or "The Miracle Of Birth" for 4.0.0.0

>> "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and
>> their applications. This 200-page book is written by three acclaimed
>> leaders in the field. The early access version is available now.
>> Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/neotech_d2d_may

> "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and
> their applications. This 200-page book is written by three acclaimed
> leaders in the field. The early access version is available now.
> Download your free book today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/neotech_d2d_may

Re: Next release names?

> please, make a AIO64bit version available for 3.4.4.

done.

Thank you, Peter!

Re: Next release names?

canichol
"That's no ordinary rabbit"?

Re: Next release names?

Harlan H. Bloom
"Thou shalt not count to five."

Re: Next release names?

John Ralls-2

On May 16, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Harlan H. Bloom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Thou shalt not count to five."

It goes:
'And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of  Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.' [1]

Maybe not the best choice for Version 4. ;-)

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/quotes

Re: Next release names?

Harlan H. Bloom
I couldn't remember how it went.  And I didn't think about the version number.

Not one of better ideas...