Next release

Bugzilla from laurent.protois@free.fr
Hi,

Just to ask if it will be possible to add the lastname to the firstname
everywhere spouse appears.

- Spouse column of "Individual" mode list
- Spouse in "Relations" mode
- Father and Mother in "Family List" mode

and the possibility to add other information as in "column editor" for
the boxes of the "Pedigree" tree.

And if you can try to make a link between address events and
place events : ex. completion in address ;-)

Great Thanks to the Fantastic Devel Team !!!

Laurent

Re: Next release

bm-5
Laurent

I am afraid the features for the 2.2.7 release are already fixed. As i common,
this will be mainly a bug-fix release. New stuff is more likely in 2.3

If you feel greatly about these features, look up feature requests
about that on
bugs.gramps-project.org, and leave a note in which you give you support to the
feature.
If you do not find the feature, make a new feature request.

And don't forget to be verbose in explaining what you want. I only understand
half of this.

About adres, you can also use the residence event to which you can link
a place.
An event has a date, so you can have 'from 2001 until 2004' which is usefull,
and you can easily filter on that (give all residence events coupled to people
with name Protois).

Benny

Quoting Protois Laurent <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Just to ask if it will be possible to add the lastname to the firstname
> everywhere spouse appears.
>
> - Spouse column of "Individual" mode list
> - Spouse in "Relations" mode
> - Father and Mother in "Family List" mode
>
> and the possibility to add other information as in "column editor" for
> the boxes of the "Pedigree" tree.
>
> And if you can try to make a link between address events and
> place events : ex. completion in address ;-)
>
> Great Thanks to the Fantastic Devel Team !!!
>
> Laurent

Re: Next release

Bugzilla from laurent.protois@free.fr
Thanks Benny for you quick answer,

Sorry for the address request, i have never seen
the "residence event"  before ;-)

Why this double choice to do the same thing ?

For the other request concerning a clear individual
identification with a firstname and a lastname,
i notice that when you link an individual in an
"association" only the firstname appears.

That's not very easy to identify someone when you have
his firstname only !

I will do a feature request as you tell me.

Sorry if you understand half of what i say,
perhaps if i tell it in french it will be more clear,
perhaps not ;-)

Laurent

Le mardi 17 avril 2007 à 20:20 +0200, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Laurent
>
> I am afraid the features for the 2.2.7 release are already fixed. As i common,
> this will be mainly a bug-fix release. New stuff is more likely in 2.3
>
> If you feel greatly about these features, look up feature requests
> about that on
> bugs.gramps-project.org, and leave a note in which you give you support to the
> feature.
> If you do not find the feature, make a new feature request.
>
> And don't forget to be verbose in explaining what you want. I only understand
> half of this.
>
> About adres, you can also use the residence event to which you can link
> a place.
> An event has a date, so you can have 'from 2001 until 2004' which is usefull,
> and you can easily filter on that (give all residence events coupled to people
> with name Protois).
>
> Benny
>
> Quoting Protois Laurent <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to ask if it will be possible to add the lastname to the firstname
> > everywhere spouse appears.
> >
> > - Spouse column of "Individual" mode list
> > - Spouse in "Relations" mode
> > - Father and Mother in "Family List" mode
> >
> > and the possibility to add other information as in "column editor" for
> > the boxes of the "Pedigree" tree.
> >
> > And if you can try to make a link between address events and
> > place events : ex. completion in address ;-)
> >
> > Great Thanks to the Fantastic Devel Team !!!
> >
> > Laurent

Re: Next release

bm-5
Quoting Protois Laurent <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Benny for you quick answer,
>
> Sorry for the address request, i have never seen
> the "residence event"  before ;-)
>
> Why this double choice to do the same thing ?

Because GRAMPS implements mainly the GEDCOM standard I think, and both are
present there. If I understand correctly (just guessing now), GRAMPS can ad
stuff to the address object, but that would then break compatibility with
GEDCOM, that is, on export to GEDCOM you loose that info...

> For the other request concerning a clear individual
> identification with a firstname and a lastname,
> i notice that when you link an individual in an
> "association" only the firstname appears.
>
> That's not very easy to identify someone when you have
> his firstname only !
>
> I will do a feature request as you tell me.

You should do this, with a clear indication of where you see possible
improvement (eg screenshot).