Non Family persons in Database

phil wharram

--
Hi All
I record names of witnesses, informants and visitors etc on birth death
marriage census but this means there are non family names in the database
I have taken to using the Surnane prefix as
zz_nf for not a family member and
z_rl for a distant link via marriage
So if I have a surname Smith that can be a family name and then a
witness zz_nf Smith would still be grouped as Smith but at the end so
would be a low priority in terms of locating any detail
Anybody got any other ways of dealing with this

I am fortunate I have no family names with preifx's

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries

Re: Non Family persons in Database

phil wharram

Hi Ron

I had never noticed this phenomenon before however if you look at Dave's
reply to the list on Nicknames it does include -- space and yet it also
includes the full email text  in the reply.

I have established what causes this to happen and will endeavour to
ensure it does not happen again

And you are correct the whole
"Hi

Dumfries" is a signature block