Notes missing

Cathy Phillips
Don wrote...
> Since you are not willing to help us by providing the information we need, there is not much we can do to help.
I wrote in a previous post, just above where you copied from my same
post' to make the above commit..

> First of all... Windows is not working right now, so... I can't make another gedcom from it.

I am sorry, I don't know what else to say. Cathy

Re: Notes missing

Alex Roitman
Cathy,

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 18:45 -0700, Cathy Phillips wrote:
> Don wrote...
> > Since you are not willing to help us by providing the information we need, there is not much we can do to help.
> I wrote in a previous post, just above where you copied from my same
> post' to make the above commit..
>
> > First of all... Windows is not working right now, so... I can't make another gedcom from it.
>
> I am sorry, I don't know what else to say. Cathy

If you would like to give us a chance to debug this,
send your gedcom to either Don or myself. We would
follow up with the few questions as to what exactly
should appear that does not appear. Then we would find
the problem and make sure that the next gramps version
has it fixed.

If you decide to go that way, send your gedcom to
either Don or myself, NOT TO THE WHOLE MAILING LIST.
We will treat your data as private, we will not
redistribute your data and we will delete it from
our computers as soon as we're done debugging.

If you don't trust us with your data (which is your perfect
right) then we're back to where we started. GRAMPS may have
a bug that won't get fixed until we have details on it.
End of story.

So far you only told us that some notes are missing.
Surely I can import gedcom and see notes in it.
So not all the notes are missing. The devil is in the
details: which ones don't get imported?

If you can produce a small bogus gedcom with fictious
data, enough to demonstrate the problem, it would be enough.
We're not interested in your real data. We just need a way
to see what you see.

Alex