Notes

Cathy Phillips
Morning..

First of all... Windows is not working right now, so... I can't make
another gedcom from it.

Second... I downloaded PAF 4.0 last night, installed automatically, I
put the gedcom in it, All is there... ALL the notes.. Since I don't know
much about computer... My assumption would be its not FTM or the
gedcom... nor my computer.

Since it does not appear that any one else has had this problem, then
that leaves me to assume, its just gramps on my computer.

I had rather have FTM. I do not care for GRAMPS, PAF, nor the newer
versions of PAF. I am getting FTM 6.0 this week some time, going to see
if I can get it to work. I don't think version 6 works with IE. This
seems to be the biggest problem why FTM don't work.

Cathy

Re: Notes

Don Allingham
On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 10:23 -0700, Cathy Phillips wrote:
> Second... I downloaded PAF 4.0 last night, installed automatically, I
> put the gedcom in it, All is there... ALL the notes.. Since I don't know
> much about computer... My assumption would be its not FTM or the
> gedcom... nor my computer.

No one has ever denied that there might be a problem with the import of
GEDCOM into GRAMPS. All we have asked is for the information we need to
be able to debug the problem.

Since you are not willing to help us by providing the information we
need, there is not much we can do to help.

We would honestly like to help debug this problem.

> Since it does not appear that any one else has had this problem, then
> that leaves me to assume, its just gramps on my computer.

It is very possible that there is a problem with how GRAMPS interprets
GEDCOM files created by FTM. This has happened before (FTM produces some
of the most non-compliant GEDCOM files we have ever seen). All we ask is
for the ability to determine what the problem is, and to do that, we
need to see what the structure of the GEDCOM file is.

> I had rather have FTM. I do not care for GRAMPS, PAF, nor the newer
> versions of PAF. I am getting FTM 6.0 this week some time, going to see
> if I can get it to work. I don't think version 6 works with IE. This
> seems to be the biggest problem why FTM don't work.

If you do not like GRAMPS and would rather run FTM, then it seems like
you have found your answer. We wish you the best of luck.

However, we would still appreciate the opportunity to debug the problem.

Don