Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Bill Gee
I recently added a bunch of new reports and plugins to my Gramps installation.
Checking out some of the new stuff - Under Reports-Trees I find that none of
the four items work.  The dialog box comes up for configuring the report, but
when I hit OK it immediately throws an error:

"[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/tmpqi_5ztiq/
GeeFamily-02_gt_grandparent.pdf'

I have verified that I have write permissions in /tmp.  Indeed, if I did not I
could not write this email!  Or run Firefox, KeePassXC or several other
applications.

This happens for all four items under Reports-Trees:  Ancestor Tree,
Descendant Tree, Grandparent Tree and Sandclock Tree.

Other reports work correctly.

It looks like all four of these are based on LaTeX.  In Fedora 29 that is
deprecated in favor of TexLive which is supposed to be a drop-in replacement.
I have TexLive installed because it is a requirement for another application
that I use.

Fedora 29 (64-bit), Gramps 5.0.0, Python 3.7.1

--
Bill Gee

Re: Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Nick Hall
On 30/11/2018 12:50, Bill Gee wrote:
> It looks like all four of these are based on LaTeX.  In Fedora 29 that is
> deprecated in favor of TexLive which is supposed to be a drop-in replacement.
> I have TexLive installed because it is a requirement for another application
> that I use.

Make sure that you have genealogytree installed.  It is included in the
texlive-pictures package.

If you are using non-latin fonts you may also need to install the
texlive-extrafonts package.

Re: Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Janusz S. Bień
On Fri, Nov 30 2018 at 14:18 GMT, Nick Hall wrote:

[...]

> If you are using non-latin fonts you may also need to install the
> texlive-extrafonts package.

I don't see such a package in Debian.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,
Janusz S. Bien

Re: [SOLVED] Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Bill Gee
Thanks Nick!  That did the trick.

For future reference - In the Fedora repository the two packages are:
        texlive-genealogy
        texlive-genealogytree

I added these two packages and now the reports under Reports-Trees all work.

There is a package called "texlive-collection-pictures", but I do not have it
installed.  There are no packages called "texlive-pictures" or "texlive-
extrafonts".

--
Bill Gee

On Fri, Nov 30 2018 at  8:46 -0600, Bill Gee wrote:
> Thanks Nick!  That did the trick.
>
> For future reference - In the Fedora repository the two packages are:
> texlive-genealogy
> texlive-genealogytree

Unfortunately none of them is available in Debian.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,
Janusz S. Bien
emeryt (emeritus)
https://sites.google.com/view/jsbien

Re: Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Brad Rogers
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:33:32 +0100
[hidden email] (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

Hello Janusz,

>> texlive-extrafonts package.
>I don't see such a package in Debian.

Your search was probably too exact, it's texlive-fonts-extra.

--
 Regards  _
Well well well, you just can't tell

Re: [SOLVED] Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Brad Rogers
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:53:46 +0100
[hidden email] (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

Hello Janusz,

>> texlive-genealogy
>> texlive-genealogytree
>Unfortunately none of them is available in Debian.

Again, your search was too exact. It's texlive-pictures.

--
 Regards  _
I must be hallucinating, watching angels celebrating

Re: Nothing under Reports-Trees works

Janusz S. Bień

You're right, thanks.

Best regards