ODT Ahnentafel report has extra chars?

Oldest1

When I produce an Ahnentafel report using Gramps 5.0.0 with the Windows 5.0.0 AIO package, the ODT files seem to include extra characters in some of the strings.

In Libreoffice, these show ad a grey bar at the start of the string. In most cases these seems harmless and don't interfere with the use of the report, but recently, when including these reports in a ODM master document they do seem to produce some annoying extra duplicate entries in the table of contents.

See the attached graphic.

This also happens with the recent 5.0.0 version under Linux Mint 19 and the Linux version of LibreOffice

Is this a bug to be reported or an issue with my setup or styles selected?

AhnentafelCrud-quarter.jpg (15K) Download Attachment

Re: ODT Ahnentafel report has extra chars?

Peter Merchant
On 27/11/2018 20:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> When I produce an Ahnentafel report using Gramps 5.0.0 with the Windows 5.0.0 AIO package, the ODT files seem to include extra characters in some of the strings.
>
> In Libreoffice, these show ad a grey bar at the start of the string. In most cases these seems harmless and don't interfere with the use of the report, but recently, when including these reports in a ODM master document they do seem to produce some annoying extra duplicate entries in the table of contents.
>
> See the attached graphic.
>
> This also happens with the recent 5.0.0 version under Linux Mint 19 and the Linux version of LibreOffice
>
> Is this a bug to be reported or an issue with my setup or styles selected?

I quite often get these in documents that I port into Libre Office. I have always just done a 'find and replace' to get rid of them if they bother me.

Peter M.

Re: ODT Ahnentafel report has extra chars?

These are non-printing characters so they have no affect on the
printed report. I have no idea why they display without View >>
Nonprinting characters selected.
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 3:20 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I produce an Ahnentafel report using Gramps 5.0.0 with the Windows 5.0.0 AIO package, the ODT files seem to include extra characters in some of the strings.
>
> In Libreoffice, these show ad a grey bar at the start of the string. In most cases these seems harmless and don't interfere with the use of the report, but recently, when including these reports in a ODM master document they do seem to produce some annoying extra duplicate entries in the table of contents.
>
> See the attached graphic.
>
> This also happens with the recent 5.0.0 version under Linux Mint 19 and the Linux version of LibreOffice
>
> Is this a bug to be reported or an issue with my setup or styles selected?

Re: ODT Ahnentafel report has extra chars?

Dave Scheipers
New information.

These contain the information to create Tables of Contents and Index
pages. These may not be needed as a stand olone report but this report
can be added to the Book report which you often want both features.
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 5:18 PM Dave Scheipers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These are non-printing characters so they have no affect on the
> printed report. I have no idea why they display without View >>
> Nonprinting characters selected.
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 3:20 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > When I produce an Ahnentafel report using Gramps 5.0.0 with the Windows 5.0.0 AIO package, the ODT files seem to include extra characters in some of the strings.
> >
> > In Libreoffice, these show ad a grey bar at the start of the string. In most cases these seems harmless and don't interfere with the use of the report, but recently, when including these reports in a ODM master document they do seem to produce some annoying extra duplicate entries in the table of contents.
> >
> > See the attached graphic.
> >
> > This also happens with the recent 5.0.0 version under Linux Mint 19 and the Linux version of LibreOffice
> >
> > Is this a bug to be reported or an issue with my setup or styles selected?

Re: ODT Ahnentafel report has extra chars?

Oldest1

That in a way does make some sense, but evidently LibreOffice( latest version) gets confused by this extra data

On 2018-11-27 2:33 PM, Dave Scheipers wrote:
New information.

[...]

Fight Spam - report it with wxSR 0.8
Vista & Win 7, 8 & 10 compatible
http://www.columbinehoney.net/wxSR.shtml