Quantcast

Other genealogy tools

Martnal
For many months I've been occasionally verifying my data with a program called FTA - Family Tree Analyzer.

https://ftanalyzer.codeplex.com

I'd wondered about the etiquette/tactfulness of mentioning another product in this forum, but I just discovered the "Other genealogy tools" page in the manual, listing other useful tools.  I've no connection with FTA, but it does a good job of highlighting any errors.  It reads in GEDCOM files, and tells you whats's good, bad or indifferent about your data.

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GRAMPS 4.2.3-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and Prescot).

Re: Other genealogy tools

Ron Johnson

There are analysis tools in Gramps, under Tools.  One of them is
Utilities->"Verify The Data..."