PEP8 code format

Robert Pettit
I'm wanting to play around with the code for Gramps and downloaded the
source using Git.  When I opened up the code in pycharm it gave me a lot
of formatting warnings such as 1 line expected 2 and no space after
comma and etc.  Looking at the wiki, it says that gramps uses PEP8 as
its format standard with a few modifications.  Is there a setup I can
download for pycharm that conforms to Gramps?

Re: PEP8 code format

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list
On 20/12/2019 18:55, Robert Pettit wrote:
> I'm wanting to play around with the code for Gramps and downloaded the
> source using Git.  When I opened up the code in pycharm it gave me a
> lot of formatting warnings such as 1 line expected 2 and no space
> after comma and etc.  Looking at the wiki, it says that gramps uses
> PEP8 as its format standard with a few modifications. Is there a setup
> I can download for pycharm that conforms to Gramps?

We use pylint with the following configuration file:

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/blob/master/.pylintrc

Re: PEP8 code format

prculley
You should also note that the PEP8 rule for Gramps is relatively recent; a lot of older code doesn't yet comply.  So don't be surprised to find issues.

Paul C.