POLL: What display resolution do you use?

POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Nick Hall
At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.

What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
you use?

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Ron Johnson
On 12/14/2016 01:16 PM, Nick Hall wrote:
> At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
> best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
> back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.
>
> What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?
>
> If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
> you use?

1920x1080

NdK

Il 14/12/2016 20:16, Nick Hall ha scritto:

> If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
> you use?
1920x1080. Where possible dual monitor.
Looking forward for a 43" 4K monitor :) But that will remain a dream for
quite some time.

BYtE,
 Diego

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Gil da Costa

On 2016-12-14 20:16, Nick Hall wrote:

What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

1920x1080 (17" laptop).

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

salamandir-2

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 07:16:57 PM, Nick Hall, an eminent manifestation of divinity, wrote:

> At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look

> best, on 800x600 resolution displays. This policy was last reviewed

> back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.

1280x1024, which is as big as my monitor will go... if i could get it bigger, i would.

--

namaste

salamandir

[hidden email]

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion

Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\ - against proprietary attachments

--

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every

rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft

from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are

cold and not clothed.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Adam Stein-3
Dual monitor system, both at 1600x900

On Wed, 2016-12-14 at 19:16 +0000, Nick Hall wrote:
At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.

What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
you use?

Adam ([hidden email])

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Simon C. Tremblay
Smallest screen on my netbook:

11.6" 16:9 IPS HD (1366x768) with Multi-Touch Screen

Small, but quite useful when used at the library.

Simon

On 14 December 2016 at 14:16, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.

What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
you use?

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Paul Grabbe
98% of time on desktop with dual 22" screens, 1680x1050 each.
  2% on laptop with 15" display, 1440x900

Laptop used only for displaying when travelling to family events. Too annoying to work on such a small screen.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.

What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
you use?

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Fredrik
On 14. des. 2016 20:16, Nick Hall wrote:
> What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

1920 x 1080 ( 15" laptop )

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Michel Vuijlsteke
PC 1: dual monitor, 2560 x 1440 and 1920 x 1080
PC 2: three monitors, 2736 x 1824, 1920 x 1080, 1080 x 1920
Mac: 1280 x 800.

On 14 December 2016 at 20:16, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.

What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
you use?

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Tom Hughes
On 14/12/16 19:16, Nick Hall wrote:

> At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
> best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
> back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.
>
> What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

2560x1600 but I would never have it full screen...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:16:57 +0000
Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Nick,

>What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

1680 x 1050

--
 Regards  _
No rotten apple's gonna spoil my fun

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

Mike Mylonas-2
Hi Nick,

On 15/12/16 08:16, Nick Hall wrote:
> At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
> best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
> back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.
>
> What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?

Currently running on 1600 x 900

Cheers
Mike

Fwd: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

adrian.davey
1600x900 on laptop + 2X 1920x1080

Adrian Davey

On 2016-12-15 06:16, Nick Hall wrote:

> At the moment, Gramps is designed to be usable, although it may not look
> best, on 800x600 resolution displays.  This policy was last reviewed
> back in 2011, so it may be time to review it again.
>
> What is the display resolution that you normally use to run Gramps?
>
> If you run Gramps on more than one device, what is the lowest resolution
> you use?
>

> Nick.

> .

Re: POLL: What display resolution do you use?

J. Allen Crider-2
1920x1080
I never run Gramps full-screen because I'm always viewing information in
other applications when I'm working on Gramps.

Allen Crider