_PREF type in Events

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hello,

After inputting my gedcom file into Gramps I have quite a few Events with
_PREF in the type field.  Can any one help with the reason and if possible a
solution to alter in the gedcom before importing the file again. The program
that I use tho get the gedcom is Family Historian.

Thanks

Tom

Re: _PREF type in Events

Nick Hall
On 29/03/18 07:30, Tom via Gramps-users wrote:
> After inputting my gedcom file into Gramps I have quite a few Events with
> _PREF in the type field.  Can any one help with the reason and if possible a
> solution to alter in the gedcom before importing the file again. The program
> that I use tho get the gedcom is Family Historian.

The _PREF tag is non-standard GEDCOM.  See:

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/GEDCOM/_Nutzerdef-Tag#Tabelle

It looks like we recognise the tag, but not in this context.  I suggest
that you post a small sample of its usage so that one of our GEDCOM
exports can take a look.

Re: _PREF type in Events

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hello Nick,

Thanks for the reply, here is part of the gedcom, there are more entries
than i thought at first:

2 DATE 25 AUG 2008
3 TIME 19:04:00
0 @F15@ FAM
1 MARR
2 DATE 28 DEC 1856
2 PLAC Loddon, Norfolk
1 HUSB @I126@
2 _PREF Y
1 WIFE @I22@
2 _PREF Y
1 CHIL @I516@
2 _PREF Y
1 CHAN
2 DATE 25 AUG 2008
3 TIME 19:04:00
0 @F16@ FAM
1 MARR
2 DATE 11 JAN 1861
2 PLAC Loddon, Norfolk
1 HUSB @I23@
2 _PREF Y
1 WIFE @I45@
2 _PREF Y
1 CHIL @I46@
2 _PREF Y
1 CHIL @I47@
1 CHIL @I935@
1 CHIL @I48@

It seems to be a comment for the "person" to be the Preferred husband or
wife [role?]

Thanks

Tom

Re: _PREF type in Events

Dave Scheipers
Welcome Tom,

You do not mention if these added _PREF events in anyway affect the
information of a person or based upon your second post, if these are
just superfluous entries. If not needed in the Gramps database, they
can be bulk deleted in the event list filtering for the _PREF event
type.

But a word of advise, Make A Backup  before doing any bulk edit.

Dave