Pedigree Box

Bugzilla from laurent.protois@free.fr
Hi,

i search for a manner to display a pedigree tree
which make appear an attribute i choose !

Could it be done actually ?

Could you think about that in a next version of Gramps ?

ex.
adding the attribut 'Blood Group' in the pedigree tree
or another attribute ...

thanks
Laurent

Re: Pedigree Box

Eero Tamminen-3
Hi,

On Saturday 03 February 2007 11:11, Protois Laurent wrote:
> i search for a manner to display a pedigree tree
> which make appear an attribute i choose !
>
> Could it be done actually ?

I don't think that would be very hard to implement for
relationship chart report.

In the GraphViz.py, get_person_label() would be changed to:
    def get_person_label(self, person):
        "return person label string"
        label = person.get_primary_name().get_name()
        p_id = person.get_gramps_id()
        if self.includeid:
            label += " (%s)" % p_id
        if self.includedates:
            birth, death = self.get_date_strings(person)
            label += '\\n(%s - %s)' % (birth, death)
        if self.addattribute:
            text = self.get_attribute_string(person,self.addattribute)
            label += label + '\\n[%s]' % text
        return label.replace('"', '\\\"')

"Only" remaining thing to do would be to implement
the get_attribute_string() method and add the required
UI stuff, maybe checkbox whether to add attribute and
a textbox to give the attribute name?

> Could you think about that in a next version of Gramps ?
>
> ex.
> adding the attribut 'Blood Group' in the pedigree tree
> or another attribute ...

How long backwards you got that kind of a data?

        - Eero

Re: Pedigree Box

bm-7
Laurent

please submit a feature request to bugs.gramps-project.org, and mail Eero with
the bug number. See
http://developers.gramps-project.org/tiki-index.php?page=HowToReportBugs

Eero, I doubt Laurent can do much with your code example. Please add
the code to
the feature request as a possible start of an implementation. This is
the second
request for this feature in one week.

Benny