Permanently changing column widths - reference information

Permanently changing column widths - reference information

Megan
Is there a way to set (and keep) the widths of a column different from the default setting, when looking at Reference Information?

See attached: I store all my information in the "Page" column but it is so narrow as it is right now.   I don't need the "author" column or the "ID" column and would like to remove (or shrink) those two columns.

Thanks for any advice!!

columnwidth.jpg (35K) Download Attachment

Re: Permanently changing column widths - reference information

Dave Scheipers
Hi Megan

It requires a tweak of the code.

Edit the program file \gramps\gui\editors\displaytabs\citationembedlist.py

In the 5.01 version, starting at line 79 you will find

   _column_names = [
        (_('Title'),   0, 200, TEXT_COL, -1, None),
        (_('Author'),  1, 125, TEXT_COL, -1, None),
        (_('Page'),    2, 100, TEXT_COL, -1, None),
        (_('ID'),      3,  75, TEXT_COL, -1, None),
        (_('Private'), 4,  30, ICON_COL, -1, 'gramps-lock')
    ]

Edit the number before the TEXT_COL to increase or decrease the size
of the column.

I have set my Title size to 250, Author to 150 and Page to 450

HTH, Dave