Quantcast

Person citations

There's a "Source Citations" tab in the Person Edit window.  How often and
what do you use it for?

(I only use it when there are no Events that I can cite, IOW using the cited
events as evidence that the person existed).

Re: Person citations

enno
Op 29-01-17 om 02:38 schreef Ron Johnson:
> There's a "Source Citations" tab in the Person Edit window.  How often and
> what do you use it for?
>
> (I only use it when there are no Events that I can cite, IOW using the cited
> events as evidence that the person existed).
Same here, like when a person is mentioned as a parent in a birth record.

I also use it when a source gives (indirect) information about more than
one event, like a biography does, or a gravestone. They both don't
provide direct evidence like the event records do, and I find it a big
time saver too. I'd rather have one footnote for the person than repeat
the same for birth, death, etc.

regards,