Picture in detailed ascendent report

Olistan
Hi !

In the detailed ascendent report, pictures can be added by selecting the corresponding option.  Unfortunately, if the picture related to one people has been resized in order to select only the face of the right people, the full picture is printed in the report.  Did I miss something or is it an bug/suggestion for improvement ?

Thanks !

***********************************
** Olivier Pierard                                  **
** Site WEB :                                      **
** http://users.belgacom.net/tdmavelo/ **
***********************************

Découvrez LE site avec tout ce qu'il y a de plus cool pour Messenger: Messenger Billboard

Re: Picture in detailed ascendent report

Peter Landgren

> Hi !

> In the detailed ascendent report, pictures can be added by selecting

> the corresponding option. Unfortunately, if the picture related

> to one people has been resized in order to select only the face of the

> right people, the full picture is printed in the report. Did I

> miss something or is it an bug/suggestion for improvement ?

This is the way it is for the moment.

/Peter

Re: Picture in detailed ascendent report

Maybe because reports do not use/call mediaref (seems NarrativeWeb
report will try to use mediaref on Gramps-3.1).

There is a feature request :
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=2513

Olivier Pierard a écrit :

>   Hi !
>
> In the detailed ascendent report, pictures can be added by selecting the
> corresponding option.  Unfortunately, if the picture related to one
> people has been resized in order to select only the face of the right
> people, the full picture is printed in the report.  Did I miss something
> or is it an bug/suggestion for improvement ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> ***********************************
> ** Olivier Pierard                                  **
> ** Site WEB :                                      **
> ** http://users.belgacom.net/tdmavelo/ **
> ***********************************
>

> Découvrez LE site avec tout ce qu'il y a de plus cool pour Messenger:
> Messenger Billboard <http://www.messengerbillboard.be/fr>

> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK and
> Ajax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com

Re: Picture in detailed ascendent report

Stéphane Charette-2
> Maybe because reports do not use/call mediaref (seems NarrativeWeb
> report will try to use mediaref on Gramps-3.1).

True, reports don't yet use the mediarefs to display just the relevant
portions of the images.

Good news is that I've wanted to change this for some time, and
started doing something about it in 3.1.  The first change you'll see
is in the Gallery section of NarrativeWeb, which is what Jérôme was
hinting at above.  If you use regions/rectangles/corners/mediarefs
(whatever you want to call it) in your images, you'll get a
NarrativeWeb gallery that looks like this:

http://charette.no-ip.com:81/tmp/NAVWEB/img/a/f/ace04f6968b13f54bfa.html

(Move your mouse over the image to see the new funtionality.)

Stéphane

Re: Picture in detailed ascendent report

Doug-11
Stéphane Charette wrote:

>> Maybe because reports do not use/call mediaref (seems NarrativeWeb
>> report will try to use mediaref on Gramps-3.1).
>>

> True, reports don't yet use the mediarefs to display just the relevant
> portions of the images.
>
> Good news is that I've wanted to change this for some time, and
> started doing something about it in 3.1.  The first change you'll see
> is in the Gallery section of NarrativeWeb, which is what Jérôme was
> hinting at above.  If you use regions/rectangles/corners/mediarefs
> (whatever you want to call it) in your images, you'll get a
> NarrativeWeb gallery that looks like this:
>
> http://charette.no-ip.com:81/tmp/NAVWEB/img/a/f/ace04f6968b13f54bfa.html
>
> (Move your mouse over the image to see the new funtionality.)
>
> Stéphane

Roll on, 3.1!
I look forward eagerly to using that

Doug