Place Completion tool...

Nick Wallingford-2
I used the Place Completion tool very successfully to save myself a lot
of input time, but it was back with the previous versions of GRAMPS.

Am I correct in believing it will not run in the 3.0.x versions?

Nick Wallingford
Tauranga, New Zealand

Re: Place Completion tool...

jerome
> Am I correct in believing it will not run in the 3.0.x versions?

You are correct ...

Also, it will be great if gramp's users shared theirs places for
generating a place database for program !!!

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Place_database

Jérôme

Nick Wallingford a écrit :

> I used the Place Completion tool very successfully to save myself a lot
> of input time, but it was back with the previous versions of GRAMPS.
>
> Am I correct in believing it will not run in the 3.0.x versions?
>
> Nick Wallingford
> Tauranga, New Zealand

Re: Place Completion tool...

Benny Malengier
I uploaded a new version of the place completion tool for GRAMPS 3.0.x:

http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Third-party_Plugins

A quick test shows it working. I would be gratefull if others could test some more.

I added the small patch of nomeata to be able to search in mediawiki places CSV dump for latitude, longitude values

Benny

2008/8/29 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]>
Let me try to upgrade it to 3.0
I just have little time to test it myself.

Benny

2008/8/29 Nick Wallingford <[hidden email]>

I used the Place Completion tool very successfully to save myself a lot
of input time, but it was back with the previous versions of GRAMPS.

Am I correct in believing it will not run in the 3.0.x versions?

Nick Wallingford
Tauranga, New Zealand

Re: Place Completion tool...

Eric Doutreleau-2
i have put the file in my .gramps/plugins directory and launch again gramps but i got the message

Echec PlaceCompletion.py No module named NameDisplay

[...]

Eric,

> Echec PlaceCompletion.py No module named NameDisplay

You need to use version 1.1 for Gramps 3.0.x
and version 1.0 for Gramps 2.2.10

> I would be gratefull if others could test some more.

Great !
Works fine on Gramps-3.0.2-SVN

1. Just avoid click on "Apply" button before using "Find" function !!!
(that's logical but I got an error - cannot paste it, not on this PC)

2. I have an other issue on my place database because I use something like:

    *Title*
city, place code, state, country
or
city, place, country

this will often put /state, country/ on /state/ location
True, I could try to add a new model.

Nevertheless, that's amazing !
Thanks a lot !

Jérôme

Eric Doutreleau a écrit :

> i have put the file in my .gramps/plugins directory and launch again
> gramps but i got the message
>
> Echec PlaceCompletion.py No module named NameDisplay
>
> 2008/8/29 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     I uploaded a new version of the place completion tool for GRAMPS 3.0.x:
>
>     http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Third-party_Plugins
>
>     A quick test shows it working. I would be gratefull if others could
>     test some more.
>
>     I added the small patch of nomeata to be able to search in mediawiki
>     places CSV dump for latitude, longitude values
>
>     Benny
>
>     2008/8/29 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>         Let me try to upgrade it to 3.0
>         I just have little time to test it myself.
>
>         Benny
>
>         2008/8/29 Nick Wallingford <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>             I used the Place Completion tool very successfully to save
>             myself a lot
>             of input time, but it was back with the previous versions of
>             GRAMPS.
>
>             Am I correct in believing it will not run in the 3.0.x versions?
>
>             Nick Wallingford
>             Tauranga, New Zealand

>             Developer's challenge
>             Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK &
>             win great prizes
>             Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event
>             anywhere in the world
>             http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
>             <http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/>

>     challenge
>     Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
>     great prizes
>     Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in
>     the world
>     http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
>     <http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/>

Re: Place Completion tool...

Eric Doutreleau-2
Indeed shame on me i should have better RTFM :)

thanks for your answer

Eric,

2008/8/29 Benny Malengier <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

[...]

Peter Landgren

I downloaded the 3.0.x version, but I get this error in "Plugin Status":
Fail PlaceCompletition.py cannot import name register_tool

/Peter

> I uploaded a new version of the place completion tool for GRAMPS 3.0.x:
>
> http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Third-party_Plugins
>
> A quick test shows it working. I would be gratefull if others could test
> some more.
>
> I added the small patch of nomeata to be able to search in mediawiki places
> CSV dump for latitude, longitude values
>
> Benny

Re: Place Completion tool...

Benny Malengier
Are you by any chance using trunk?

2008/9/2 Peter Landgren <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I downloaded the 3.0.x version, but I get this error in "Plugin Status":
Fail PlaceCompletition.py cannot import name register_tool

/Peter

> I uploaded a new version of the place completion tool for GRAMPS 3.0.x:
>
> http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Third-party_Plugins
>
> A quick test shows it working. I would be gratefull if others could test
> some more.
>
> I added the small patch of nomeata to be able to search in mediawiki places
> CSV dump for latitude, longitude values
>
> Benny

Re: Place Completion tool...

Peter Landgren
Den Tuesday 02 September 2008 16:31:28 skrev Benny Malengier:
> Are you by any chance using trunk?
YES

/Peter

--
Peter Landgren
Talken Hagen

0570-530 21
070-635 4719
[hidden email]
skype:pgl4820.2

Re: Place Completion tool...

> I have an other issue on my place database because I use something like:
>
>     *Title*
> city, place code, state, country
> or
> city, state, country
>
> this will often put /state, country/ on /state/ location
> True, I could try to add a new model.

done, :)

1080a1081
+     code_translated = _('zip')
1091a1093
+     codegr = r'(?P<'+code_translated +r'>'
1100a1103,1106
+         ("citycodestatecountry", "City[,|.] Code[,|.] State[,|.] Country",
+             _("City[,|.] Code[,|.] State[,|.] Country")
+             , r'\s*'+citygr+r'.*?)\s*[.,]\s*'+codegr+r'.*?)\s*[.,]\s*'
+             +stategr+r'.*?)\s*[.,]\s*'+countrygr+r'.*?)\s*$'),

Also, we have an other model (Menu->Tools->Database Processing->Extract
Place Data from a Place Title...) : *City, state zip*

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Tools#Extract_Place_Data_from_a_Place_Title

Jérôme

Jérôme a écrit :

> Eric,
>
>> Echec PlaceCompletion.py No module named NameDisplay
>
> You need to use version 1.1 for Gramps 3.0.x
> and version 1.0 for Gramps 2.2.10
>
>> I would be gratefull if others could test some more.
>
> Great !
> Works fine on Gramps-3.0.2-SVN
>
> 1. Just avoid click on "Apply" button before using "Find" function !!!
> (that's logical but I got an error - cannot paste it, not on this PC)
>

> 2. I have an other issue on my place database because I use something like:
>
>     *Title*
> city, place code, state, country
> or
> city, place, country
>
> this will often put /state, country/ on /state/ location
> True, I could try to add a new model.
>

> Nevertheless, that's amazing !
> Thanks a lot !
>

> Jérôme