Place IDs

Susan Penter
I am trying to tidy up my database at the moment and I have a situation like this for example:

Polruan, England  (several events)
Polruan, Cornwall (several events)

I would like to find a way on quickly attaching every event attached to Polruan, England to Polruan, Cornwall

at the moment I am going through each description attached to a place and manually changing each one but I have spent the whole evening on this and I am only up to C names!!

If anyone knows a quicker way I would be very grateful.
thanks,

Susan

Re: Place IDs

Stéphane Charette-2
> Polruan, England  (several events)
> Polruan, Cornwall (several events)
>
> I would like to find a way on quickly attaching every event attached to
> Polruan, England to Polruan, Cornwall

Select the first place.

Then hold down the CTRL key and select the 2nd place.

Then hit "Edit -> Merge..."

I'm on 3.x, but I'm guessing this feature is not new to 3 and likely
existed in 2.x as well.

Stéphane