Places, Events, Periods

meikamona
I've recently imported into GRAMPS some GEDCOm data and it has plonked some info relating to WW1 service records & documents as a place.

I note that Event is not broad enough to be a period like WW1.

My question is: Is this th only workaround?
meika

Re: Places, Events, Periods

Ron Johnson
In Gramps, dates have ranges.  Thus, if great-great-grandpa Fred served in
the Great War "from 13-July-1916 to 11-Nov-1918", that's exactly what you'd
put in the event's date field.