Places

Re: Places

GRAMPS - User mailing list

The log will be geofinder.log and will be in the directory you ran the command from.

#4 check the box to Set the Path

With the path set, I did not have to do #6

from #9 onward I located geofinder.exe in c:\program
files\Python38\Scripts and created a shortcut on the desktop.

Geofinder runs.

And so everyone knows where to put the raw geofinder-master folder, I
created a Python folder in c;\user\%user%\ folder. Apparently where
these files are located are not too particular.

Remember, this is Python for Dummies.

Thank you, Dave

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 3:25 PM StoltHD <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm just wondering...

does anyone actually read what I write?

I have been reading them too, but this morning I wondered if they were relevant to me, and looked at the initial post - There are 72 posts on this topic now - and realized that they are not. I have been using enclosures for a long time now and am fairly sure that all of my places are in the correct format.

Peter M.

Re: Places

GRAMPS - User mailing list
I think I can recreate the problem on Windows.   It seems like GeoFinder is actually working but cannot update the Dialog window text where it says "Scanning".  It has actually completed the scan and is trying to update that field with the place name.

The log will be geofinder.log and will be in the directory you ran the command from.

Re: Places

Connie Mack
I did a fresh reboot and install on everything and found the log. Whew! I created a tiny gramps file to use. I see DB no error in the log so that's good.
GeoFinder v0.8.2
Python 3.8
GeoFinder Requires Python 3.6 or higher
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.setup_logging 759: geofinder Init
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.__init__ 132: Cache directory C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache
DEBUG geofinder.GeoFinder.check_configuration 864: load country selections list
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=country_list.pkl len=28
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.check_configuration 879: Found C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\geodata.db
DEBUG geofinder.Config.read 57: config read C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache config.pkl
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=config.pkl len=1
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=skiplist.pkl len=0
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=global_replace.pkl len=0
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=feature_list.pkl len=38
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=country_list.pkl len=28
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=languages_list.pkl len=2
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=output_list.pkl len=1
DEBUG geofinder.GeodataFiles.__init__ 94: Output replace []
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=feature_list.pkl len=38
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.read 53: Read success CachedDict dir=C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache fname=country_list.pkl len=28
DEBUG geofinder.GeodataFiles.read 122: done loading geodata
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.load_data 210: 28 countries will be loaded
DEBUG geofinder.GeodataFiles.read_geoname 137: path for geodata.db: C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\geodata.db
DEBUG geofinder.GeodataFiles.read_geoname 143: DB found at C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\geodata.db
INFO geofinder.DB.connect 61: DB C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\geodata.db connected
DEBUG geofinder.DB.db_test 199: db test sql=SELECT name FROM main.geodata WHERE name = ? AND country = ?   args=[('ba', 'fr')]
DEBUG geofinder.DB.db_test 203: DB no error
INFO geofinder.DB.set_speed_pragmas 245: Database pragmas set for speed
DEBUG geofinder.DB.table_exists 177: version sql=SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type=? AND name=?  LIMIT 105 args=[('table', 'version')]
DEBUG geofinder.DB.table_exists 181: DB version tbl: [('version',)]
DEBUG geofinder.DB.table_exists 183: version table exists
DEBUG geofinder.GeoDB.get_db_version 809: Version = 2
INFO geofinder.GeodataFiles.read_geoname 157: DB is up to date
INFO geofinder.GeodataFiles.read_geoname 160: Geoname entries = 1,862,765
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS name_idx ON geodata(name, country )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS admin1_idx ON geodata(admin1_id )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS sdx_idx ON geodata(sdx )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS adm_name_idx ON admin(name, country )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS adm_admin1_idx ON admin(admin1_id, f_code)
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS adm_admin2_idx ON admin(admin1_id, admin2_id)
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS adm_country_idx ON admin(country, f_code)
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS adm_sdx_idx ON admin(sdx )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS geoid_idx ON geodata(geoid )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS admgeoid_idx ON admin(geoid  )
DEBUG geofinder.DB.create_index 96: Create idx CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS altnamegeoid_idx ON altname(geoid  )
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.load_data 216: Geoname dictionary has 1862765 entries
INFO geofinder.AncestryFile.open 82: Opened  C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Family/Places geonames/data.gramps Size=8491

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 1:56 PM Mike Herbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think I can recreate the problem on Windows.   It seems like GeoFinder is actually working but cannot update the Dialog window text where it says "Scanning".  It has actually completed the scan and is trying to update that field with the place name.

The log will be geofinder.log and will be in the directory you ran the command from.

Re: Places

Connie Mack
I'm sorry, I still have geofinder open when I got the log so I read down and found the last piece of the log.
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.quit_handler 684: Shutdown
INFO geofinder.DB.set_analyze_pragma 254:  Database Analyze pragma
INFO geofinder.GeoDB.close 738: Closing Database
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.write 72: Write C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\skiplist.pkl
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.write 72: Write C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\global_replace.pkl
DEBUG geofinder.CachedDictionary.write 72: Write C:/Program Files/Python38/geoname_data\cache\config.pkl
INFO geofinder.GeoFinder.shutdown 809: SYS EXIT

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 2:08 PM Connie Mack <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

GeoFinder v 0.8.3 is now available and includes the following enhancements:

1. Now supports zipped/compressed Gramps files.  Previously it would hang if the file was compressed and display ’Scanning to previous location’
2. Fixes case where DB was not closed correctly
3. Improved diagnostic logging during startup.

To install:

pip3 install geofinder —upgrade

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 1:56 PM Mike Herbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think I can recreate the problem on Windows.   It seems like GeoFinder is actually working but cannot update the Dialog window text where it says "Scanning".  It has actually completed the scan and is trying to update that field with the place name.

The log will be geofinder.log and will be in the directory you ran the command from.

Re: Places

Connie Mack
Thank you so much, Mike. It instantly worked after the upgrade to v 0.8.4 . 😀🎋 My file wasn't compressed and Jaran used the same os as mine so I'm really curious what was different with me. Congratulations, Mike. You're the best! Thank you Jaran. I wouldn't have stuck with it if it wasn't for you. And the bonus is, my machine is clean and tidy now. Now for the real work! Have a great day.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 9:12 PM StoltHD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Was the problem a compressed gramps file?

Jaran