Quantcast

Portugese - Brazilian translation

Benny Malengier
2010/10/26 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]>

Additional note: according release rule (disable translations with less than 50% of translated strings), it will be pity to disable Portuguese support when Gramps supports compound surnames ...

Indeed. I'll write the user list to ask if anybody is interested.

Looking at po, I see no pt. Do you mean the br.po? That is at 8.4% .
pt_BR is at 64.15%

So I suppose we need to look for a Brazilian Portuguese speaker.

Re: Portugese - Brazilian translation

jerome
> pt_BR is at 64.15%

for 3.1.4-SVN 2010-01-15

Coverage gramps32; 3.2.4-SVN 2010-09-01 was at 52%
I guess with changes on trunk, we are now at 47% ...

A complete translation often need around 15/20% changes on a new major
release. A partial translation has less modified translated strings
(5/10%) but more to translate.

Maybe a beta release (not yet) could also help some translators under
Windows OS or without SVN access ?

Benny Malengier a écrit :

> 2010/10/26 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>         Additional note: according release rule (disable translations
>         with less than 50% of translated strings), it will be pity to
>         disable Portuguese support when Gramps supports compound
>         surnames ...
>

>     Indeed. I'll write the user list to ask if anybody is interested.
>

> Looking at po, I see no pt. Do you mean the br.po? That is at 8.4% .
> pt_BR is at 64.15%
>
> So I suppose we need to look for a Brazilian Portuguese speaker.
> Benny

Re: Portugese - Brazilian translation

lcc .
I recall someone saying they'd complete the pt_PT translation, which
could then be used to complement the pt_BR one. Too bad that never
happened. Perhaps you could review this policy? Some text reports are
complete at least, or were, but it shouldn't have changed much. Better
47% than nothing.

--lcc

On 10/26/10, Jérôme <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> pt_BR is at 64.15%
>
> for 3.1.4-SVN 2010-01-15
>
> Coverage gramps32; 3.2.4-SVN 2010-09-01 was at 52%
> I guess with changes on trunk, we are now at 47% ...
>
> A complete translation often need around 15/20% changes on a new major
> release. A partial translation has less modified translated strings
> (5/10%) but more to translate.
>
> Maybe a beta release (not yet) could also help some translators under
> Windows OS or without SVN access ?
>

> Benny Malengier a écrit :
>> 2010/10/26 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>

>>         Additional note: according release rule (disable translations
>>         with less than 50% of translated strings), it will be pity to
>>         disable Portuguese support when Gramps supports compound
>>         surnames ...
>>

>>     Indeed. I'll write the user list to ask if anybody is interested.
>>

>> Looking at po, I see no pt. Do you mean the br.po? That is at 8.4% .
>> pt_BR is at 64.15%
>>
>> So I suppose we need to look for a Brazilian Portuguese speaker.
>> Benny

Re: Portugese - Brazilian translation

Benny Malengier
Frederico,

You were working an pt_PT. Did that lead to anything we can use already?

Greetings,
Benny

2010/10/26 lcc . <[hidden email]>
I recall someone saying they'd complete the pt_PT translation, which
could then be used to complement the pt_BR one. Too bad that never
happened. Perhaps you could review this policy? Some text reports are
complete at least, or were, but it shouldn't have changed much. Better
47% than nothing.

--lcc

On 10/26/10, Jérôme <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> pt_BR is at 64.15%
>
> for 3.1.4-SVN 2010-01-15
>
> Coverage gramps32; 3.2.4-SVN 2010-09-01 was at 52%
> I guess with changes on trunk, we are now at 47% ...
>
> A complete translation often need around 15/20% changes on a new major
> release. A partial translation has less modified translated strings
> (5/10%) but more to translate.
>
> Maybe a beta release (not yet) could also help some translators under
> Windows OS or without SVN access ?
>

> Benny Malengier a écrit :
>> 2010/10/26 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>

>>         Additional note: according release rule (disable translations
>>         with less than 50% of translated strings), it will be pity to
>>         disable Portuguese support when Gramps supports compound
>>         surnames ...
>>

>>     Indeed. I'll write the user list to ask if anybody is interested.
>>

>> Looking at po, I see no pt. Do you mean the br.po? That is at 8.4% .
>> pt_BR is at 64.15%
>>
>> So I suppose we need to look for a Brazilian Portuguese speaker.
>> Benny

Re: Portugese - Brazilian translation

Frederico Munoz
Hello,

Yet again, sorry for the huge delay - and for the thread necromancy.

2010/10/26 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]>:
> Frederico,
>
> You were working an pt_PT. Did that lead to anything we can use already?

Yes. Perhaps it's better to submit what I have right now which should
be at least >80%. I was waiting for it to be 100% at the time.

I will

1) Sync it with trunk
2) Read the documentation to see how to submit the po file

I expect to have this done *today*. Not 100%, but quite clearly above
any cut-over to remove the translation.

> Greetings,
> Benny
>
> 2010/10/26 lcc . <[hidden email]>
>>
>> I recall someone saying they'd complete the pt_PT translation, which
>> could then be used to complement the pt_BR one. Too bad that never
>> happened. Perhaps you could review this policy? Some text reports are
>> complete at least, or were, but it shouldn't have changed much. Better
>> 47% than nothing.

lcc:

Sorry about that, that was me (we talked privately backed then). Just
like in the webpage translation I'm using mostly a cross-Atlantic
translation that should be almost entirely usable in pt_BR.

I'm going to send you (lcc) the po file directly for your analysis
(give me a couple of hours to recover my backup). There are perhaps
two or three details that you would like to change and that be done
via find/replace. It would be however nice to have a mostly common
translation, and diverge only when really needed. This was my aim at
least.