Position of marriage date on screen vs. in reports.

Position of marriage date on screen vs. in reports.

John W. Kitz
Hi,

I noticed a difference in the position of the marriage date on screen
(Charts -> Pedigree view) vs. on e.g. the ancestor report (Reports ->
Graphical Reports -> Ancestor Tree). On screen the marriage date is
positioned in between the boxes, that contain the details of the couple,
near the junction of the lines that connect them, while in the report the
marriage date is shown in one of the boxes that contain the details of the
couple.

I looked at the various options to see if this is configurable, but couldn't
find one that does. Did I overlook something or can't the ancestor report be
tweaked to have the marriage date printed in more or less the same position
on the report as on screen?

If the positioning of the marriage date on the report can be configured,
where do I find the controls to do so?

Regards, Jk.

Re: Position of marriage date on screen vs. in reports.

Paul Franklin-5
On 1/2/17, John W. Kitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I looked at the various options to see if this is configurable, but
> couldn't
> find one that does. Did I overlook something or can't the ancestor report
> be
> tweaked to have the marriage date printed in more or less the same position
> on the report as on screen?
>
> If the positioning of the marriage date on the report can be configured,
> where do I find the controls to do so?

I don't run the AncestorTree report that way myself, but
if you check the box "Include Marriage Box" I think you
get a marriage-date box between the two people.

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Reports_-_part_4#Ancestor_Tree