Potential research help tools

Re: Potential research help tools

phil wharram

Hi Tim
Sorry to report that although this works on my version 4.2.5 it does not
work on version 5.0alpha 3 (and yes had modified .gpr.py) not had much
time to look at this that is why the delay in getting back to you

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries
On 03/02/2018 13:30, Tim Lyons wrote:

> Gary Griffin wrote
>> I tried to load this on my Gramps 4.2.4 on MacOSX High Sierra and it did
>> not
>> work - no menu item was added to select.  I have about 10 forms (census,
>> b/m/d) which I use. I modified the formgramplet.gpr.py in the same
>> directory
>> and see those changes reflected so I believe I put the
>> censuscheckquickview
>> files in the proper place.
>
> To see the Quickview, you have to select the People category, then click on
> a person to select that person, then right click on the selected person,
> which will bring up a pop-up menu, one of the entries should be QuickView,
> then select the CensusCheck menu item.
>
> QuickViews are described here:
> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Reports_-_part_8
>
> There is a page about writing your own quickreports:
> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Views (the pop-up for
> QuickViews doesn't work for me on Mac OS X when right clicking on a blank
> space on the person editor - the pop-up menu appears, but the sub-menu for
> the views doesn't appear).
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Potential research help tools

Gary Griffin
Thanks for the instructions on QuickView.

The censuscheck works great.