Preview images

Paul Parkyn
Hello I am running version 2.08 with Fedora core4 and I would like to
know if Photo files can be displayed. When I edit the Media files I have
corrected the path but do not get a preview of the photo. I have run the
database repair option and corrected the errors.

TIA
Paul

Re: Preview images

Alex Roitman
Paul,

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 16:28 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
> Hello I am running version 2.08 with Fedora core4 and I would like to
> know if Photo files can be displayed. When I edit the Media files I have
> corrected the path but do not get a preview of the photo. I have run the
> database repair option and corrected the errors.

The image files should be displayed. If you add a new image
to the Media View, is the tumbnail not displayed in the
preview frame?

Alex

Re: Preview images

Paul Parkyn
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:11, Alex Roitman wrote:

> Paul,
>
> On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 16:28 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
> > Hello I am running version 2.08 with Fedora core4 and I would like to
> > know if Photo files can be displayed. When I edit the Media files I have
> > corrected the path but do not get a preview of the photo. I have run the
> > database repair option and corrected the errors.
>
> The image files should be displayed. If you add a new image
> to the Media View, is the tumbnail not displayed in the
> preview frame?
>
> Alex
Alex,
 No, if I add a new image the thumbnail is displayed.
The problem I have is that I have created a new database and then imported a
gedcom file which had a lot of photo files references. I was just trying to
find a way to edit the type attribute in the media window from unknown to
image/jpeg.
Trying to avoid deleteing & re entering all the media information.

Thanks
Paul

Re: Preview images

Alex Roitman
Paul,

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 12:03 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
>  No, if I add a new image the thumbnail is displayed.
> The problem I have is that I have created a new database and then imported a
> gedcom file which had a lot of photo files references. I was just trying to
> find a way to edit the type attribute in the media window from unknown to
> image/jpeg.
> Trying to avoid deleteing & re entering all the media information.

I see. IN that case you may want to delete all the files
in your ~/.gramps/thumb/ directory. This way thumbnails
should be regenerated on demand, i.e. when you select a row
in the Media View.

Let me know if this does not help,
Alex

Re: Preview images

Paul Parkyn
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:08, Alex Roitman wrote:

> Paul,
>
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 12:03 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
> >  No, if I add a new image the thumbnail is displayed.
> > The problem I have is that I have created a new database and then
> > imported a gedcom file which had a lot of photo files references. I was
> > just trying to find a way to edit the type attribute in the media window
> > from unknown to image/jpeg.
> > Trying to avoid deleteing & re entering all the media information.
>
> I see. IN that case you may want to delete all the files
> in your ~/.gramps/thumb/ directory. This way thumbnails
> should be regenerated on demand, i.e. when you select a row
> in the Media View.
>
> Let me know if this does not help,
> Alex
Alex,

Their were only the three thumbs that I had added after trying many times to
access the photo┬┤s in the media window. It looks as though I will have to do
it manually, not such a big job really.
Just asked the question to find if there was an easy way to do it.

Thanks again for your time.
Regards Paul