Printing report based on filtered results

Printing report based on filtered results

Megan
I've filtered my database, to show only people related to both of two
different people.

I now want to print a Kinship report based on these filtered results.  Is
this possible?

I tried exporting the filtered database, importing it into a new family
tree, and then running the Kinship report based on that, but the report
didn't show anything beyond first cousin level (no second cousins, third
cousins etc.), even though those are included in the filtered database.

Can someone help??

Thanks!

Re: Printing report based on filtered results

Dave Scheipers
Hi Megan

The Kinship report is not one of the reports I run or at least very
often. Did another looksee to check out its options.

As to the number of generations, under Report Options  there are the
Max generations. One for Descendants and one for Ancestors. You can
set these from 0-20 generations.

I do not understand running the report on two people at the same time.
The report only allows running a report on a single person. You could
print the report to OpenDocument text for each and then manually edit
them for the common relations. If you could give us a better idea of
what you want to accomplish, I (or someone else) may have other ideas
to help you.

Don't know if this helps you or not, Dave

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Megan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've filtered my database, to show only people related to both of two
> different people.
>
> I now want to print a Kinship report based on these filtered results.  Is
> this possible?
>
> I tried exporting the filtered database, importing it into a new family
> tree, and then running the Kinship report based on that, but the report
> didn't show anything beyond first cousin level (no second cousins, third
> cousins etc.), even though those are included in the filtered database.
>
> Can someone help??
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Printing report based on filtered results

Megan
Thanks for your reply.  I feel like I might have made my question
unnecessarily confusing.

Here's my question simplified - I want to filter my database, and then print
a report just based on those filtered results.

So for example, I want to filter the database to just list people born in
(town), and then print the details of just those people.

I want to end up with a list of people, printed, who fit the criteria of the
filter.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Re: Printing report based on filtered results

Dave Scheipers
Hi Megan,

Most reports have filter options built into their setup parameters.
There are some reports that are built off a single person which will
be the center person; ie the Ahnentafel Report. But in reports not
dependent on a single person, there will be a filter option. This
filter set in the report will be used regardless of how you have
filtered the raw database. The list of filter options offered for you
to select will be the appropriate filters you have set in the view.
Most of the report filters will be about people so the filter list
will the filters for people you make in the People or Relationship
view. Menu >> Edit >> Person Filter Editor.

The Filter editors are not always friendly and complex filters may
need to reference sub-filters or filters from other parts of the
database. Figuring the filter to reflect all the .and. .or. and .not.
components can be challenging.

Looking at the Place Report will give you all the events based upon
the places set in the report option in your example above. But that
gives you all events for the location. Of course the sidebar filter in
events can easily filter for event and place. The list view can then
be exported to a CSV file which can then be imported into your
favorite spreadsheet to print a paper copy. To create the CSV file
(from any of the list views) Menu >> Family Trees >> Export View.

Again, I am not sure if I have been able to help you. But do not be
afraid to take the reports and filters for a test. I would recommend
the test reports be printed to a PDF file before wasting paper and ink
on reports that do not quite give you what you want. And if you need
help with a difficult filter do not be afraid to ask the list. The
more specific the problem the better and will probably get a quicker
response from the list.

HTH Dave