Privacy

Greg Bard
I have set the "Record is public" option to "private" for sensitive
events like birthdays of living people. But they are still showing up
in text reports. I've looked at the online manual, and I don't where
it describes how this works. Any help?

Gramps 4.1.3-1
Windows 7

Greg Bard

Re: Privacy

Ron Johnson
As a work-around, you could export your tree -- telling it to exclude
private records -- to a new tree, and then print your text report from that.

There's a way to export and import from the command line, so if there's also
a command option (that I can't currently find) to exclude private records,
then you can script the commands needed to create that "public only" version
of the tree.

--
"Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a
crime to examine the laws of heat." Christopher Morley

Re: Privacy

jerome
As far I know Paul made a great work on future 4.2.0
for having consistency on privacy option into textual report.

For now, I cannot get one textual report anymore on pre-4.2.0!
The report which lists birth and wedding days.

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] Privacy
 À: [hidden email]
 Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 8h13

 --
 "Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to
 be a
 crime to examine the laws of heat." Christopher Morley

Re: Privacy

jerome
By "cannot get" I mean the new option for including or not private records (people?)
increased height on some dialogs like "Birthdays" or "Records" textual reports.

Anyway, cosmetic because I just want to look at privacy handling on new major release.
So, I just need to test it on a larger screen ...

 À: [hidden email], "Ron Johnson" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 15h00

 As far I know Paul made a
 great work on future 4.2.0
 for having
 consistency on privacy option into textual report.

 For now, I cannot get one
 textual report anymore on pre-4.2.0!
 The
 report which lists birth and wedding days.

 En date de : Sam 13.6.15, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]>
 a écrit :

  Objet: Re:
 [Gramps-users] Privacy
  À: [hidden email]
  Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 8h13

  As a work-around, you could

  --
  "Where it is a duty
 to worship the sun it is pretty sure to
  be
  crime to examine the laws of heat."
 Christopher Morley

Re : Privacy

Which report?
I am looking on pre-4.2.0 version.

 Objet: [Gramps-users] Privacy
 À: [hidden email]

Re: Privacy

At a glance, the standard option (check box on dialog) used for all textual
reports on pre-4.2.0 is looking at ProxyDB. So, in theory, if
something was incomplete on previous versions around private
records printed via textual reports, then this is now fixed! :-)

Doug,

New report looking at Notes Links is missing someything like:

  from gramps.gen.plug.report import stdoptions

   stdoptions.run_private_data_option(self, menu)

OK, do we need this option on such report?
It is just for consistency. Paul worked on this for 4.2!

 À: [hidden email], "Ron Johnson" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 15h00

 As far I know Paul made a
 great work on future 4.2.0
 for having
 consistency on privacy option into textual report.

 For now, I cannot get one
 textual report anymore on pre-4.2.0!
 The
 report which lists birth and wedding days.

 En date de : Sam 13.6.15, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]>

 [Gramps-users] Privacy
  À: [hidden email]
  Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 8h13

  As a work-around, you could

  --
  "Where it is a duty
 to worship the sun it is pretty sure to
  be
  crime to examine the laws of heat."
 Christopher Morley

Re: Privacy

Also on Draw reports! :-)

 À: [hidden email], "Ron Johnson" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 15h00

 As far I know Paul made a
 great work on future 4.2.0
 for having
 consistency on privacy option into textual report.

 For now, I cannot get one
 textual report anymore on pre-4.2.0!
 The
 report which lists birth and wedding days.

 En date de : Sam 13.6.15, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]>

 [Gramps-users] Privacy
  À: [hidden email]
  Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 8h13

  As a work-around, you could

  --
  "Where it is a duty
 to worship the sun it is pretty sure to
  be
  crime to examine the laws of heat."
 Christopher Morley

Re: Privacy

jerome
... and GraphViz based reports!

Thank you, Paul!

 À: [hidden email], "Ron Johnson" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 15h34

 Also on Draw reports!
 :-)

 En date de : Sam 13.6.15, jerome <[hidden email]>
 a écrit :

 [Gramps-users] Privacy
  À: [hidden email],
 "Ron Johnson" <[hidden email]>
  Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 15h00

  As far I know Paul made a
  great work on future 4.2.0

 for having
  consistency on privacy option
 into textual report.

  For
 now, I cannot get one
  textual report
 anymore on pre-4.2.0!
  The

 report which lists birth and wedding days.

  En date de : Sam 13.6.15, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]>
  a écrit :

  [Gramps-users]
 Privacy
   À: [hidden email]
   Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 8h13

   As a work-around, you

  Bard wrote:
   > I have set
 the
  "Record is public" option
  "private"

 for sensitive
   > events like birthdays
 of living people.
  But they are
   still showing up
   > in
 text reports. I've looked at the
  online
 manual, and
   I don't where
   > it describes how this works. Any
 help?

   > Gramps
 4.1.3-1

   --
   "Where it is
 a duty
  to worship the sun it is pretty sure
   be
   crime to examine the laws of heat."
  Christopher Morley

Re: Privacy

DS Blank
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM, jerome <[hidden email]> wrote:
At a glance, the standard option (check box on dialog) used for all textual
reports on pre-4.2.0 is looking at ProxyDB. So, in theory, if
something was incomplete on previous versions around private
records printed via textual reports, then this is now fixed! :-)

So, just summarizing for gramps-users: Gramps 4.2 (which is planned to be released in the next few days) has much more standardized options on all such reports.

Doug,

New report looking at Notes Links is missing someything like:

  from gramps.gen.plug.report import stdoptions

   stdoptions.run_private_data_option(self, menu)

OK, do we need this option on such report?
It is just for consistency. Paul worked on this for 4.2!

jerome is pointing out that a new report for displaying links in notes does not currently have a privacy option. This report is really for users to check their internal link consistency, so probably doesn't need an option for privacy. But, it would be good to have consistency between all reports.

I am hesitant to change Gramps 4.2 right before release, but it does make sense to add this for the next version (4.2.1 and 5.0).

-Doug

Re: Privacy

Added on wiki page too!

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_What%27s_new%3F#Reports.2C_Tools.2C_Gramplets

Not easy to see this new feature via "git diff" as it means few lines on reports!

 À: "jerome" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, "Ron Johnson" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 13 juin 2015, 15h39

 On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at
 9:28 AM, jerome <[hidden email]>
 wrote:
[...]

include_private.png (6K) Download Attachment