Private Records.

Peter Griffin-2
Hello

I have a branch of my family who that not want their information
published, I.E. all of the descendants of John Doe should have their
records, in effect, declared private. I understand that I can turn on
the privacy switch for each of the individuals, but that is a tedious
task pron to errors, I am looking for a more rigorous method.

thank-you for your assistance.

Re: Private Records.

J. Allen Crider-2
One method would be to create a filter that excludes them and use that
filter whenever you create a report.

Allen

On 12/28/2017 06:53 AM, Peter Griffin wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a branch of my family who that not want their information
> published, I.E. all of the descendants of John Doe should have their
> records, in effect, declared private. I understand that I can turn on
> the privacy switch for each of the individuals, but that is a tedious
> task pron to errors, I am looking for a more rigorous method.
>
> thank-you for your assistance.

Re: Private Records.

I know of no way to mark them all private at once.  But you can make the process easier and more error resistant.  I suggest that in People view, you use the "View/Configure" menu to enable the "Private" column.  That way you can see what is marked in one place.
Then set up a custom filter with Descendants of John Doe, and select that filter on the people view.  That should limit the view to only those people that need to be marked private.

After that it is open/edit each person and set "private".

Paul C.

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Peter Griffin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

I have a branch of my family who that not want their information published, I.E. all of the descendants of John Doe should have their records, in effect, declared private. I understand that I can turn on the privacy switch for each of the individuals, but that is a tedious task pron to errors, I am looking for a more rigorous method.

thank-you for your assistance.

Re: Private Records.

Hi Peter

You can mark John Doe private as the child of his parents effectively
eliminating him and anyone descended from him from any report.

Or... if you want at least his name appearing as a child, mark all his
personal events private and then any of his marriages. This will leave
his name but none of his descendants.

If you still want at least the names of all his descendants, then you
will need to mark all their individual events etc private.