Problem with Form addon

Colin Spiller
Afternoon all. Looking for a little help & advice please.

I'm using GRAMPS: 5.0.1
Python: 3.6.8 (default, Oct  7 2019, 12:59:55) [...
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (5, 3, 28)
sqlite: 3.22.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
OS: Linux

UBUNTU 18.04.3 LTS

I've used the Form addon quite a lot to add (mostly) UK census
information and I'm very pleased with it. Until now!

I've just found a strange link between two entirely unrelated families
except through me, approx ggg grandson of both.

The 1841 census in Worcestershire has William and Ann and 5 children,
all showing nicely in both the people view and when I re-open the 1841
census form. Fine so far.

BUT I just now found that Jane in the English/Scottish borders has two
1841 Forms linked to her, and one is William and Ann in Worcestershire
(above). But she doesn't actually appear in the list when I open the
form via her entry in the People view, just William and Ann & children.
She does have two 1841 Census entries in the People view, both look as
though they were entered via the Form addon at different times. These
both look sensible except that she shouldn't be in two places at the
same time.

I've created a new database and imported the latest backup, and the
problem hasn't changed. I've run the Check and Repair database tool
which only found some error in a death record which it says it fixed.

I have no idea when or how this problem occurred, just that I only found
it today.

Any recommendations for how to fix this please? Do I just delete the
form in question and re-create it? It's a BSDDB database with 6500
people. Are there likely to be more, similar problems?

Thanks for reading.

Colin

--
Colin Spiller

Re: Problem with Form addon

Nick Hall
On 30/10/2019 17:06, Colin Spiller wrote:
> Any recommendations for how to fix this please?

First check that the census events only have a single source.

Re: Problem with Form addon

Colin Spiller
Good idea Nick. I didn't think about that earlier.

But I've just checked now, on all the people that I know are involved,
but there is only the single source for each census event.

Most confusing. Anything else I could check?

Colin

--
Colin Spiller