Problem with Form addon

Colin Spiller
Afternoon all. Looking for a little help & advice please.

I'm using GRAMPS: 5.0.1
Python: 3.6.8 (default, Oct  7 2019, 12:59:55) [...
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (5, 3, 28)
sqlite: 3.22.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
OS: Linux

UBUNTU 18.04.3 LTS

I've used the Form addon quite a lot to add (mostly) UK census
information and I'm very pleased with it. Until now!

I've just found a strange link between two entirely unrelated families
except through me, approx ggg grandson of both.

The 1841 census in Worcestershire has William and Ann and 5 children,
all showing nicely in both the people view and when I re-open the 1841
census form. Fine so far.

BUT I just now found that Jane in the English/Scottish borders has two
1841 Forms linked to her, and one is William and Ann in Worcestershire
(above). But she doesn't actually appear in the list when I open the
form via her entry in the People view, just William and Ann & children.
She does have two 1841 Census entries in the People view, both look as
though they were entered via the Form addon at different times. These
both look sensible except that she shouldn't be in two places at the
same time.

I've created a new database and imported the latest backup, and the
problem hasn't changed. I've run the Check and Repair database tool
which only found some error in a death record which it says it fixed.

I have no idea when or how this problem occurred, just that I only found
it today.

Any recommendations for how to fix this please? Do I just delete the
form in question and re-create it? It's a BSDDB database with 6500
people. Are there likely to be more, similar problems?

Thanks for reading.

Colin

--
Colin Spiller

Re: Problem with Form addon

Nick Hall
On 30/10/2019 17:06, Colin Spiller wrote:
> Any recommendations for how to fix this please?

First check that the census events only have a single source.

Re: Problem with Form addon

Colin Spiller
Good idea Nick. I didn't think about that earlier.

But I've just checked now, on all the people that I know are involved,
but there is only the single source for each census event.

Most confusing. Anything else I could check?

Colin

--
Colin Spiller

Re: Problem with Form addon

Colin Spiller
This is frustrating and VERY annoying! Sorry, reposting as I'm still
looking for a solution.

My database now has 6600 individuals. I thought (hoped!) this problem
had gone away but I keep finding more. Other than just happening to find
these problems, I don't know how to find the problems in order to
correct them all.

I just now found an 1891 census event for a lady on my maternal
grandfather's line with just the one source. When I pulled up the
related form, it displayed an 1891 census form for a family on my wife's
tree. The form included 3 jpg's- the first related to the people shown
in the Details tab, the second was a 1911 census form for people in my
paternal grandmother's line, and the last was another 1891 image of my
wife's family (quite well removed from the people in the first image).

I don't know how to locate these problems, and once found, how much of
my database do I need to delete and re-enter?

I've made a backup and restored to a new tree. The only hint from my
last posting (Thanks Nick) was to check that the events only have one
source, which I did and they all (so far) do only have the one source.

Software slightly updated since last time:

GRAMPS: 5.0.1
Python: 3.6.9 (default, Nov  7 2019, 10:44:02) [...
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (5, 3, 28)
sqlite: 3.22.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
OS: Linux

I've been using Gramps very happily for over 7 years until now, but Help
wanted please!

Colin

--
Colin Spiller

Re: Problem with Form addon

Kurt Caulley
Oct 30, 2019, Colin Spiller wrote

>BUT I just now found that Jane in the English/Scottish borders has two
>1841 Forms linked to her, and one is William and Ann in Worcestershire
>(above). But she doesn't actually appear in the list when I open the
>form via her entry in the People view, just William and Ann & children.
>She does have two 1841 Census entries in the People view, both look as
>though they were entered via the Form addon at different times. These
>both look sensible except that she shouldn't be in two places at the
>same time.

Try this.
First make a backup.
Go to Jane and open her Person View
Highlight the census that she does not appear on and delete it.
Close Jane's Person View.
MAKE NO OTHER CHANGES TO THE DATABASE.
Go to William and check for the Census then check the other family members
for that census. If it is still attached to all family members then all is
well and the Census was some how mistakenly attached to Jane.
If the above is not true select Edit / Undo Edit Person (Jane    ) and
things will return to what it was when you started.