Problem with grampletbar : impossible to access to gramplet menu in right an bottom bar

Problem with grampletbar : impossible to access to gramplet menu in right an bottom bar

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04
I've just updated to 4.0.1 I've made the installation using
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.0.1/gramps_4.0.1_all.deb/download

the bug (menu doesn't appear when clicking the right or bottom bar arrow
button) is still present, I correct it following Benny Malengier 's
instructions of 4.0.0

  it's in the file
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gramps/gui/widgets/grampletbar.py line 466

I confirm you that in this gramps_4.0.1_all.deb file the
"grampletbar.py" is buggy
line 466
change :          menu = Gtk.Menu()

To :                   self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu()
                         menu = self.newmenu

Thanks

Re: Problem with grampletbar : impossible to access to gramplet menu in right an bottom bar

Benny Malengier
Well,

this list just comes out with me again :-)
Submit bug is here: http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Using_the_bug_tracker#3._Submit_new_bug
However, this issue is already fixed now.

Benny

2013/6/30 Hivernat Emmanuel <[hidden email]>
Hello
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04
I've just updated to 4.0.1 I've made the installation using
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.0.1/gramps_4.0.1_all.deb/download

the bug (menu doesn't appear when clicking the right or bottom bar arrow
button) is still present, I correct it following Benny Malengier 's
instructions of 4.0.0

  it's in the file
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gramps/gui/widgets/grampletbar.py line 466

I confirm you that in this gramps_4.0.1_all.deb file the
"grampletbar.py" is buggy
line 466
change :          menu = Gtk.Menu()

To :                   self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu()
                         menu = self.newmenu

Thanks

popup menu in clipboardgramplet

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I'm running gramps 4.0.1 on ubuntu 13.04
I've problem with clipboard gramplet popup menu : it doesn't appear!

I've found the problem
in file /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gramps/gui/clipboard.py line 1478
you must change  :     popup = Gtk.Menu()
by the two lines  :    self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu()
                                 popup = self.newmenu

I don't know if it's a known bug and who is in charge of this gramplet
but hope this note could help somebody

Thanks
Best regards

Re: popup menu in clipboardgramplet

Benny Malengier

2013/7/9 Hivernat Emmanuel <[hidden email]>
Hello,

I'm running gramps 4.0.1 on ubuntu 13.04
I've problem with clipboard gramplet popup menu : it doesn't appear!

I've found the problem
in file /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gramps/gui/clipboard.py line 1478
you must change  :     popup = Gtk.Menu()
by the two lines  :    self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu()
                                 popup = self.newmenu

I don't know if it's a known bug and who is in charge of this gramplet
but hope this note could help somebody

I would need to test if this is not fixed yet.
Best way to post bugs+fixes is not here but on the bug tracker; http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs

B.

Thanks
Best regards