Problems Setting up Databases in Kubuntu

Problems Setting up Databases in Kubuntu

Jim Winfrey
Followup to my Kubuntu problems earlier this week.  Gramps starts up
normally in Kubuntu but when I try to open my database or save a
gedcom as a gramps database, Gramps closes. The terminal shows no
error message other than the one about missing spell checker I
reported earlier.

I tried a series of tests today.  I can open and work with a gedcom
but when I close Gramps and try to reopen the gedcom file, I get this
error.  I was also able to open a Gramps XML file and it responded the
same at the gedcom.  I cannot open any Gramps database file.

9038: ERROR: DbLoader.py: line 430: Failed to open database.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gramps/DbLoader.py", line 419, in read_file
    self.dbstate.db.load(filename,self.uistate.pulse_progressbar,mode)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_GrampsGEDDB.py", line 52, in load
    importData(self,name,callback,use_trans=False)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 225, in importData
    import2(database, filename, callback, codeset, use_trans)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 242, in import2
    close = g.parse_gedcom_file(use_trans)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 853, in
parse_gedcom_file
    self.parse_header()
  File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 885, in parse_header
    self.parse_header_head()
  File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 2165, in
parse_header_head
    if line[1] != TOKEN_HEAD:
TypeError: unsubscriptable object

Hope this means something to SKS,

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Problems Setting up Databases in Kubuntu

Alex Roitman
Jim,

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 13:33 -0400, Jim Winfrey wrote:
> Followup to my Kubuntu problems earlier this week.  Gramps starts up
> normally in Kubuntu but when I try to open my database or save a
> gedcom as a gramps database, Gramps closes. The terminal shows no
> error message other than the one about missing spell checker I
> reported earlier.

So what happened with the segfault? Is this not a problem anymore?

> I tried a series of tests today.  I can open and work with a gedcom
> but when I close Gramps and try to reopen the gedcom file, I get this
> error.  I was also able to open a Gramps XML file and it responded the
> same at the gedcom.  I cannot open any Gramps database file.
>
> 9038: ERROR: DbLoader.py: line 430: Failed to open database.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/DbLoader.py", line 419, in read_file
>     self.dbstate.db.load(filename,self.uistate.pulse_progressbar,mode)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_GrampsGEDDB.py", line 52, in load
>     importData(self,name,callback,use_trans=False)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 225, in importData
>     import2(database, filename, callback, codeset, use_trans)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 242, in import2
>     close = g.parse_gedcom_file(use_trans)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 853, in
> parse_gedcom_file
>     self.parse_header()
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 885, in parse_header
>     self.parse_header_head()
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_ReadGedcom.py", line 2165, in
> parse_header_head
>     if line[1] != TOKEN_HEAD:
> TypeError: unsubscriptable object
>
> Hope this means something to SKS,
What version of gramps is this? Can you send your gedcom file
privately, either to myself or Don?

Alex