Producing a report listing relationships to me.

Producing a report listing relationships to me.

Martnal
I am trying to produce a report listing the relationship of a subset of
my tree, to me.  It seems a simple requirement, but I can't see how.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

---

Martin, SW London

My Gedmatch DNA Kit# is H062246

I am using GrampsAIO64-4.2.6-1 on Windows 10.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool), Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool), Ballard & Glassop (E. London),  Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool, & Barnington, Yorks.)  Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).  I use GRAMPS 4.2.6 software.

Re: Producing a report listing relationships to me.

Dave Scheipers
Hi Martin

The report you probably want is the Text reports >> Kinship Report
You put yourself as the center person and set how many generations
back and forward you want.

But there is no filter option.

You would need to export the subset, import it into a new temporary
empty database and then run the report.

The potential snag to this plan, you, and your links to the subset of
people, must also be included in the export subset. Without this
information, Gramps will not know that these people are even related
to you.

Don't know if this helps, Dave

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:01 PM, Martin H. Watson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to produce a report listing the relationship of a subset of my
> tree, to me.  It seems a simple requirement, but I can't see how.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Martin
>

> ---

Re: Producing a report listing relationships to me.

Martnal
Thanks Dave.  Why couldn't I SEE THAT!?!?!

My first problem for ages, I must be learning.

Martin

On 02/06/2018 21:24, Dave Scheipers wrote:

> Hi Martin
>
> The report you probably want is the Text reports >> Kinship Report
> You put yourself as the center person and set how many generations
> back and forward you want.
>
> But there is no filter option.
>
> You would need to export the subset, import it into a new temporary
> empty database and then run the report.
>
> The potential snag to this plan, you, and your links to the subset of
> people, must also be included in the export subset. Without this
> information, Gramps will not know that these people are even related
> to you.
>
> Don't know if this helps, Dave
>
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:01 PM, Martin H. Watson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am trying to produce a report listing the relationship of a subset of my
>> tree, to me.  It seems a simple requirement, but I can't see how.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Martin
>>

>> ---

Martin, SW London

My Gedmatch DNA Kit# is H062246

I am using GrampsAIO64-4.2.6-1 on Windows 10.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool), Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool), Ballard & Glassop (E. London),  Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool, & Barnington, Yorks.)  Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).  I use GRAMPS 4.2.6 software.

Re: Producing a report listing relationships to me.

Martnal
A related question, is there a VERY SIMPLE way of assigning an attribute to
every person, showing their relationship to me?

I think the short answer is 'NO'.  The long answer is probably 'NO!'.

Martin

-----