Promoting Relationship category and global 'Add' menu

Promoting Relationship category and global 'Add' menu

Tim Lyons
Administrator
I am really delighted with the PRs for "Relationships Category view the default..." [1] and "New global [Add] menu..." [2].

As I have pointed out in GEPS 034 [3] I think there is lots of evidence that many people find Gramps too complex, difficult to learn and hard to use. Unfortunately, I couldn't really offer any good suggestions as to how to improve things, so I am very pleased that Sam has come up with a good idea like this, that is so consistent with what we have at present.

(I have to say that I haven't tried out the new changes, and am just relying on the excellent screen-shots that Sam has so helpfully included).

Regards,
Tim.

[1] https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/299
[2] https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/281
[3] https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=GEPS_034:_Improve_usability

Re: Promoting Relationship category and global 'Add' menu

Nick Hall
On 22/01/17 14:31, Tim Lyons wrote:
> I am really delighted with the PRs for "Relationships Category view the
> default..." [1] and "New global [Add] menu..." [2].
>
> As I have pointed out in GEPS 034 [3] I think there is lots of evidence that
> many people find Gramps too complex, difficult to learn and hard to use.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't really offer any good suggestions as to how to
> improve things, so I am very pleased that Sam has come up with a good idea
> like this, that is so consistent with what we have at present.

I agree.  Both PRs just need a little more refining.

It would be nice to see more opinions on the PRs.