Public office, but not elected

Say that someone were appointed treasurer of the county, state, etc.  Would
you call that his Occupation (which just doesn't seem right, to me), or
would you create a custom event named something like "Public Office"?

Re: Public office, but not elected

Brad Rogers
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:35:09 -0600
Ron Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Ron,

>Say that someone were appointed treasurer of the county, state, etc.
>Would you call that his Occupation (which just doesn't seem right, to
>me), or would you create a custom event named something like "Public
>Office"?

Personally;
If they're appointees, I wouldn't call it Public Office.
If they get paid for it, it's an occupation.

IMO, only those positions voted for by the public would qualify for a
title of Public Office.  Even then, most are full time positions for
which one gets paid, so I'd stick with Occupation.

--
 Regards  _
This disease is catching

Op 29-01-17 om 17:35 schreef Ron Johnson:
> Say that someone were appointed treasurer of the county, state, etc.  Would
> you call that his Occupation (which just doesn't seem right, to me), or
> would you create a custom event named something like "Public Office"?
I can't see English event names here, but due to a missing translation,
I see some types in a group called Vocational. There might be something
for you there.

regards,

Re: Public office, but not elected

paul womack
Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Say that someone were appointed treasurer of the county, state, etc.  Would
> you call that his Occupation (which just doesn't seem right, to me), or
> would you create a custom event named something like "Public Office"?

I use an event "Public Life" for that sort of thing, also for opening Fetes,
giving speeches, writing letters to the papers and so on.

    BugBear