Pull requests from fork or Gramps repo?

Paul Smith

Can someone tell me whether, when finished, I should issuing a pull request from a fork of the Gramps repo or creating a branch on the main Gramps repo?

Also am I correct 4.2 is a maintenance branch and therefore new function is not back-ported to this branch but only released to the master branch?  If this is the case, what’s the idea with the current round of releases that seem to be for both 5.X and 4.X?

Paul DS.