Python GObject on OSX

James Heald
Hello there,

I am working on an app called PyFlowChart (https://github.com/steelcowboy/PyFlowChart) and I am wanting to bundle it for OSX. I know you guys use Python3 and PyGObject, and I was wondering if you could link me to a tutorial or documentation, or just explain the process to me of how I could bundle my app. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

James Heald
Computer Science Undergraduate
Cal Poly

Re: Python GObject on OSX

manzi.sam
Hello Jim,

Which was revised Jan 7th, 2017 and the history comment states (revised instructions for Xcode and installing jhbuild, from experience on El Capitan)

As well as the mac related source code for Gramps:
https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/tree/master/mac

Do you have any screenshots of PyFlowChart?

Kind regards,
Sam

PS:Note I am not a Mac user. Not have I tested any of this.

On 27 January 2017 at 07:35, James Heald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello there,

I am working on an app called PyFlowChart (https://github.com/steelcowboy/PyFlowChart) and I am wanting to bundle it for OSX. I know you guys use Python3 and PyGObject, and I was wondering if you could link me to a tutorial or documentation, or just explain the process to me of how I could bundle my app. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

James Heald
Computer Science Undergraduate
Cal Poly

Re: Python GObject on OSX

John Ralls-2

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 12:35 PM, James Heald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello there,
>
> I am working on an app called PyFlowChart (https://github.com/steelcowboy/PyFlowChart) and I am wanting to bundle it for OSX. I know you guys use Python3 and PyGObject, and I was wondering if you could link me to a tutorial or documentation, or just explain the process to me of how I could bundle my app. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Hi, Jim.

I'm the Mac maintainer and also the developer of the Gnome gtk-osx project that provides the build and bundle systems I use to package Gramps. The gtk-osx documentation is at https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/GTK+/OSX. There's a separate mailing list at [hidden email] that you can subscribe to for more help if you need it.

Regards,
John Ralls