Question: Would it be possible to get a plugin or import/export to Neo4J?

Question: Would it be possible to get a plugin or import/export to Neo4J?

Donald Leslie
Hi,

> I have been in systems admin for a long time and found Gramps about 10
> yeas ago.. When getting upset with ancestry.com.
>
> Gripe one: Ancestry holds your data and especially pictures / graphics
> hostage. You used to be able to down load to another Gene Program but
> it went away. Almost every major online Co. has had a major data
> breach / corruption.( I want to have a full data backup)
>
> Request one: Besides doing a GEDCOM download can Gramps do a full data
> down load from a selected tree in my Ancestry account pictures and all
> ? It was done before why not again? (it's my data right?)
>
> Topic two: While I commend Gramps on it's traditional GEO views. I
> found Neo4J as a way to see my family in a new and exciting way. Some
> Programmers have done some GEDCOM = csv's=> Neo4J but nothing complete
>
> Request two: Gramps <=all data=> Neo4J graphing
>
> SO:... in the end I could suck out all data from Ancestry  into Gramps
> and the display it in Neo4J ..Display/ Edit it and move it back and
> forth as wanted.
>

> Thanks for your consideration
>
> Donald Leslie

Re: Question: Would it be possible to get a plugin or import/export to Neo4J?

prculley
Regarding ancestry.com download;
One user did some research on how this might be done; I don't know if his results still work.  Ancestry does seem to dislike letting folks download media.  https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/gramps-users/thread/bba40d23-ccd0-44f0-e951-472bc3d789c2%40sorrellnotes.us/#msg36264465

You might also try using commercial software like Family Tree maker, or Rootsmagic, maybe one of their trial versions can download everything and then export to GEDCOM again...

Paul C.