Question on Narrative Web Site

Jason-14-2
Hello all,

I've been fiddling with the narrative web site for the last
few versions.  I may have discussed this before, so stop
me if you've heard this one.

Right now it looks like it's working marvelously with excluding
private records, but if I restrict information on living people,
the notes information still goes through (which I would like
to exclude, since it can have some personal historical info
that I'd like to exclude).  Is there a workaround for this, or
is anything being considered?

Regards,

Jason Colflesh

Re: Question on Narrative Web Site

Alex Roitman
Jason,

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:09 -0500, Jason wrote:

> I've been fiddling with the narrative web site for the last
> few versions.  I may have discussed this before, so stop
> me if you've heard this one.
>
> Right now it looks like it's working marvelously with excluding
> private records, but if I restrict information on living people,
> the notes information still goes through (which I would like
> to exclude, since it can have some personal historical info
> that I'd like to exclude).  Is there a workaround for this, or
> is anything being considered?
Sorry for the late reply. It seems that this has already been
fixed since 2.0.8 release. To make sure, please try the release
candidate for the next release, 2.0.9-RC2 available here:

Debian package here:
   http://people.debian.org/~treacy/gramps/gramps_2.0.9-0.1-2.0.9rc2_all.deb

Alex

Re: Question on Narrative Web Site

Jason-14-2
Hello Alex,

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 17:10 -0800, Alex Roitman wrote:

> Jason,
>
> On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:09 -0500, Jason wrote:
> > I've been fiddling with the narrative web site for the last
> > few versions.  I may have discussed this before, so stop
> > me if you've heard this one.
> >
> > Right now it looks like it's working marvelously with excluding
> > private records, but if I restrict information on living people,
> > the notes information still goes through (which I would like
> > to exclude, since it can have some personal historical info
> > that I'd like to exclude).  Is there a workaround for this, or
> > is anything being considered?
>
> Sorry for the late reply. It seems that this has already been
> fixed since 2.0.8 release. To make sure, please try the release
> candidate for the next release, 2.0.9-RC2 available here:
>    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770
>
> Debian package here:
>    http://people.debian.org/~treacy/gramps/gramps_2.0.9-0.1-2.0.9rc2_all.deb
>
> Alex

Thanks for the reply.  No problem about the delay.  I tried the
2.0.9-RC2 version - I like the new tree on the individual pages!
However, what I see: if I have notes for an individual who is alive,
and I check Restrict Information on living people, their page has
a Narrative section with that information.  I'd like to be able
to restrict that.  If some like having that, perhaps there could be
an additional option?

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 22:34 -0500, Jason wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  No problem about the delay.  I tried the
> 2.0.9-RC2 version - I like the new tree on the individual pages!
> However, what I see: if I have notes for an individual who is alive,
> and I check Restrict Information on living people, their page has
> a Narrative section with that information.  I'd like to be able
> to restrict that.  If some like having that, perhaps there could be
> an additional option?

Actually there is a bug there, you're right. Corrected now in
the CVS and will be working correctly in 2.0.9.

Thanks,
Alex

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 21:12 -0800, Alex Roitman wrote:

> Jason,
>
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 22:34 -0500, Jason wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.  No problem about the delay.  I tried the
> > 2.0.9-RC2 version - I like the new tree on the individual pages!
> > However, what I see: if I have notes for an individual who is alive,
> > and I check Restrict Information on living people, their page has
> > a Narrative section with that information.  I'd like to be able
> > to restrict that.  If some like having that, perhaps there could be
> > an additional option?
>
> Actually there is a bug there, you're right. Corrected now in
> the CVS and will be working correctly in 2.0.9.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Great, thank you!

Regards,