Re: Broken database

paul womack
Anders Ardo wrote:

> Is there something I can do to fix the database?
> Or is it just to restart work from last backup?

The database "may" be recoverable, with an unknown amount of work.

Frankly, unless you've done a LOT of work since
your last backup, it's probably more reliable to revert
to the back up.

  BugBear

Re: Broken database

George Baynes

Hi Anders

I had a similar problem. I managed to rescue the database.

If you look in the Database folder for the database in question,

I found that the files used by Gramps to show the database is in use had multiplied.
These are named log.0000000000xx etc

There should only be one in the database folder. If you have more, then delete all but one.

Rerun Gramps and with luck you will find a REPAIR option on the Database selector window.

After REPAIR and selection of the database, you will need to use the Tools/Repair functions.

Also the User defined bits of the database will need to be redefined.

It is a fair bit of work so if you do have a backup. that will be the easier option.

George Baynes

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 11:53:49 +0200
From: Anders Ardo [hidden email]
Subject: [Gramps-users] Broken database
To: Gramps users [hidden email]

Hi,
   I was merging two databases work with persons.
After trying to Undo a merge I got the message that some error had
occured but data was probably safe.
I quit Gramps and restarted it and when trying to open the database
again got the message:

Cannot open the database
BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY ... unable to find environment

All work done on Gramps 4.2.4
Uppgraded to 4.2.5 but still get the same error.

-- Hilsen Anders ---- Anders Ard?