Re: Gramps 5.0.0 released (Ross Gammon)

zacktu
I just installed on Ubuntu 18.04 with the deb file downloaded directly
from github.  It went as smoothly as any installation of software that I
had ever done.  The previous version (4.2.2) was installed from source,
and it wasn't so easy.  Thanks for all your work.  Bob

Re: Gramps 5.0.0 released (Ross Gammon)

Doug-11
On 26/07/18 19:43, Bob Cannon wrote:

> I just installed on Ubuntu 18.04 with the deb file
> downloaded directly from github.  It went as smoothly as
> any installation of software that I had ever done.  The
> previous version (4.2.2) was installed from source, and it
> wasn't so easy.  Thanks for all your work. Bob

ditto on Linux Mint 19. I had to add Exiv and Osmgpsmap, but
with libosmgpsmap it was painless, unlike 4.2. Many thanks
indeed.

Doug