Re: [Gramps-users] Gramps 4.2.8 released

Re: [Gramps-users] Gramps 4.2.8 released

Ross Gammon
Moving to -devel

On 02/10/2018 07:00 PM, Nick Hall wrote:

> On 10/02/18 17:38, Ross Gammon wrote:
>> The deb package on the gramps website is build using the /debian
>> directory that Jerome was managing in Github. It has not been updated
>> for a while, does not follow the latest Debian policy, and therefore
>> generates many lintian warnings.
>
> Ross,
>
> What changes are required?
>
> Would you be willing to take over this task?
>

> Nick.
Sure. Probably not worth making changes the debian/ directory for the
4.2.x branch, but I am in the process of getting ready for 5.0 beta, by
packaging the alpha (which I won't release). Once ready, I will do a PR
for the 5.0 branch.

I would also like to update the wiki instructions so others can easily
do it as well.

Ross

Re: [Gramps-users] Gramps 4.2.8 released

Nick Hall
On 11/02/18 08:55, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Sure. Probably not worth making changes the debian/ directory for the
> 4.2.x branch, but I am in the process of getting ready for 5.0 beta, by
> packaging the alpha (which I won't release). Once ready, I will do a PR
> for the 5.0 branch.
>
> I would also like to update the wiki instructions so others can easily
> do it as well.

Excellent.  Thank you.