Quantcast

Re: [Gramps-users] Postgresql

manzi.sam
Hello john,

Gramps 5 has not been released yet. As for using Gramps master(eg: the future Gramps 5) with postgresql I can only direct you to the following page:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=DB-API_Database_Backend

Note that the information provided may not work any longer as I seem to recall one of the developers mentioning that only sqlite3 will be initially supported.

Kind regards
Sam

Re: [Gramps-users] Postgresql

manzi.sam
for information to help you setup.

So mysql was the one that was dropped.

On 2 May 2017 at 12:05, Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello john,

Gramps 5 has not been released yet. As for using Gramps master(eg: the future Gramps 5) with postgresql I can only direct you to the following page:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=DB-API_Database_Backend

Note that the information provided may not work any longer as I seem to recall one of the developers mentioning that only sqlite3 will be initially supported.

Kind regards
Sam

Re: [Gramps-users] Postgresql

manzi.sam
Hi John,

I suggest you please open a bug report[1] (makes it easier to track) and provide full error messages along with the commit hash of the version of Gramps master you are using and steps to reproduce what you have so far?

Thank you
Sam

PS: To get the best help on development related testing of Gramps master, please post to the Gramps developers mailing list.

[1] https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Using_the_bug_tracker

On 2 May 2017 at 12:19, john <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can get the connection working, but cannot find any info on the PostgreSQL setup. The connection fails with unknown DB, or if I create an empty I get a messages about missing stuff ...

I want to use SQL dbs so that I can use Gramps from any of my systems.

JohnA

Re: [Gramps-users] Postgresql

It seems that current code does not clearly explain why it could fail.
Maybe related to "psycopg2" dependency?

> failed to import module 'gramps.plugins.db.dbapi.postgresql';
the following exception was raised:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/Sphinx-1.5.2-py3.4.egg/sphinx/ext/autodoc.py",
line 551, in import_object
    __import__(self.modname)
  File "gramps/plugins/db/dbapi/postgresql.py", line 27, in <module>
    import psycopg2
ImportError: No module named 'psycopg2'

https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=8855#c51089

I did not look if we should try to play, here, with conditional stuff (try/except)
on file "gramps/plugins/db/dbapi/postgresql.py", line 27.

Maybe try to install 'psycopg2'?

Hope this can help.

Jérôme

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] Postgresql