Re: [Gramps-users] Swedish translation

Stefan Björk
Alex,

> Yes. Well, first of all, you can use developer CVS which is real-time
> (while the anonymous CVS and its web snapshot are delayed for a
> few hours), check out gramps20 branch of gramps2 repository, and
> look for sv.po file.

I do use CVS directly. I have, by the way, created a Date_sv.py file and
modified Makefile.am so that this file is installed. Should I add the
new Date_sv.py file to the gramps20 branch only?

> Next, use msgmerge to update strings:
>    $ cd src/po
>    $ msgmerge -o new_sv.po sv.po template.po

Thank you. I am, as I said, a little new to this...

> This and some other (hopefully, useful) things are covered here:
>    http://developers.gramps-project.org//tiki-index.php?page=TipsForTranslators

... so I guess the developers Wiki is for people like me. :-)

Stefan

Re: [Gramps-users] Swedish translation

Alex Roitman
Stefan,

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 08:35 +0200, Stefan Björk wrote:
> I do use CVS directly. I have, by the way, created a Date_sv.py file and
> modified Makefile.am so that this file is installed. Should I add the
> new Date_sv.py file to the gramps20 branch only?

Maybe it's better to add it to both gramps20 and HEAD.

> > This and some other (hopefully, useful) things are covered here:
> >    http://developers.gramps-project.org//tiki-index.php?page=TipsForTranslators
>
> ... so I guess the developers Wiki is for people like me. :-)

:-)

Alex

Re: [Gramps-users] Swedish translation

Stefan Björk
> Next, use msgmerge to update strings:
>    $ cd src/po
>    $ msgmerge -o new_sv.po sv.po template.po

... and this ended up in some 300 fuzzy translations and nearly 100
untranslated strings... Pfeew, there's some work to do here!

:-)

Stefan