Re: Gramps-users digest, Vol 1 #894 - 4 msgs

Re: Gramps-users digest, Vol 1 #894 - 4 msgs

John Williams-9

> Yes, 2.0.9 is required for the Calendar plugin.
>
> This become part of the standard release with 2.0.10.
>
> Don
>
> On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 13:38 +1100, Trevor Rhodes wrote:
>
>>John,
>>=20
>>I'm using Mandriva and 2.0.9-1 over here and it is working just fine.  I'=
>
> d=20
>
>>suggest upgrading to 2.0.9 and seeing how you fare.
>>=20
>>
>>>Running Gramps 2.0.8-1 under Mandriva 2006 (kernel 2.6.12-12mdk).
>>>
>>>Downloaded "Calendar" plugin, installed.   On Gramps startup, get messa=
>
> ge :
>
>>>Calendar.py: AttributeError
>>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "/usr/share/gramps/PluginMgr.py", line 126, in load_plugins
>>>    a =3D __import__(plugin)
>>>  File "/usr/share/gramps/plugins/Calendar.py", line 708, in ?
>>>    category =3D Report.CATEGORY_DRAW,
>>>AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'CATEGORY_DRAW'
>>>
>>>under Help | Show plugin status.
>>>
>>>Is there a fix for this?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>--
>>>jw_karori

Thank you.  Upgrading to 2.0.9 has removed the error message.   I have
two other plugin error messages remaining, though:

-----
The following modules could not be loaded:

PdfDoc.py: The ReportLab modules are not installed

LPRDoc.py: ImportError
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gramps/PluginMgr.py", line 127, in load_plugins
    a = __import__(plugin)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/docgen/LPRDoc.py", line 45, in ?
    import gnomeprint, gnomeprint.ui
ImportError: No module named gnomeprint
-----

How do I fix these??   I am running KDE 3.4, but have gnome installed.

TIA.

--
jw_karori

Re: Re: Gramps-users digest, Vol 1 #894 - 4 msgs

John Williams-9
Trevor Rhodes wrote:

> John,
>

>>Thank you.  Upgrading to 2.0.9 has removed the error message.   I have
>>two other plugin error messages remaining, though:
>>
>>-----
>>The following modules could not be loaded:
>>
>>PdfDoc.py: The ReportLab modules are not installed
>>
>>LPRDoc.py: ImportError
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/usr/share/gramps/PluginMgr.py", line 127, in load_plugins
>>    a = __import__(plugin)
>>  File "/usr/share/gramps/docgen/LPRDoc.py", line 45, in ?
>>    import gnomeprint, gnomeprint.ui
>>ImportError: No module named gnomeprint
>>
>>How do I fix these??   I am running KDE 3.4, but have gnome installed.
>

> You should still try to urpmi gnomeprint.  Let me know how you go.

Trevor, thank you, thank you very much.  Used urpmi to install
gnome-python-gnomeprint and that removed the second (LPRDoc.py) error.

On spec, threw "reportlab" at urpmi and it loaded python-reportlab.
Now, no errors!   Amazing what one can see when someone turns the
lightswitch on ....

--
jw_karori

Re: Re: Gramps-users digest, Vol 1 #894 - 4 msgs

Don Allingham
John,

This error message is harmless. What it is saying is that the option
package that allows direct printing to the printer has not be installed.

If you want this functionality, you need to install gnome-python-extras
(sometimes called gnome-python2-extras - I'm not sure what Mandriva
calls it)

Don

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 23:46 +1300, John Williams wrote:

> > Yes, 2.0.9 is required for the Calendar plugin.
> >
> > This become part of the standard release with 2.0.10.
> >
> > Don
> >
> > On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 13:38 +1100, Trevor Rhodes wrote:
> >
> >>John,
> >>=20
> >>I'm using Mandriva and 2.0.9-1 over here and it is working just fine.  I'=
> >
> > d=20
> >
> >>suggest upgrading to 2.0.9 and seeing how you fare.
> >>=20

> > ge :

> Thank you.  Upgrading to 2.0.9 has removed the error message.   I have
> two other plugin error messages remaining, though:
>
> -----
> The following modules could not be loaded:
>
> PdfDoc.py: The ReportLab modules are not installed
>
> LPRDoc.py: ImportError
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/PluginMgr.py", line 127, in load_plugins
>     a = __import__(plugin)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/docgen/LPRDoc.py", line 45, in ?
>     import gnomeprint, gnomeprint.ui
> ImportError: No module named gnomeprint
> -----
>
> How do I fix these??   I am running KDE 3.4, but have gnome installed.
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> jw_karori

Don Allingham
http://don.allingham.org

Re: Re: Gramps-users digest, Vol 1 #894 - 4 msgs

sakuno
Don,

> This error message is harmless. What it is saying is that the option
> package that allows direct printing to the printer has not be installed.
>
> If you want this functionality, you need to install gnome-python-extras
> (sometimes called gnome-python2-extras - I'm not sure what Mandriva
> calls it)

For any other Mandriva users, the file is named

gnome-python-extras-2.10.2-1mdk

--
 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes