Re: How to Get "Event Notes" outputted to a "Narrated Web Site" Report

Re: How to Get "Event Notes" outputted to a "Narrated Web Site" Report

prculley
I'm using the more recent Gramps 4.2.6, and I see event notes on the Individuals pages under the events category.  It is possible that this was included in a later version.

But to be sure, are you talking about events that have notes attached; for example A Birth event, with with a note attached?  If you have the note attached to a Person, it would appear under the 'Narrative' section of the web site.  If you have the note attached to an Event (like marriage) attached to a Family, it would appear under the families section with an Event.

If you don't have the notes attached to an Event, or anyone or any family, they won't show up.  By attached, I mean they were created or selected from the Person view, Edit Person, Person Editor Events tab, add or select Event, then on the Event editor, Notes tab add or select a Note.  Or the note could be added from Events view, Edit Event, then on the Event editor, Notes tab add or select a Note.

I pasted a page from my Narrated Web report below to illustrate, you need to be looking at this in an HTML friendly email reader, I hope it works.  I have 'Event Note 1' attached to the Marriage Event, 'Event note 2' attached to the Birth event, and a Person Note attached to the Person.
Paul C.

My Family Tree

Tester, Mr

Birth NameTester, Mr
Gramps IDI0000
Gendermale

Events

EventDatePlaceDescriptionNotesSources
Birth [E0001]1900
Event Note

Event note 2

Parents

Relation to main personNameRelation within this family (if not by birth)
FatherTester, gpa [I0004]
        Tester, Mr [I0000]
    Brother    Tester, cousin [I0005]
    Sibling    Tester, Another [I0007]

Families

  Family of Tester, Mr and Tester, Mrs [F0003]
Civil UnionPartnerTester, Mrs [I0001]

EventDatePlaceDescriptionNotesSources
Marriage [E0000]1/4/1972
Event Note

Event note 1

 Children
  1. Tester, Tom [I0002]
  2. Tester, Jane [I0003]

Narrative

Person Note

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM, smeatheringham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good Afternoon

I am using GRAMPS 4.2.2 Python: 3.5.2 under LINUX MINT 18.1.

I have a small prototype family tree I am outputting to a narrated web site
report. I would like the Event Notes to be included in this report. However,
I cannot see how this can be done.

For example, I have one person with an Event Note (type: Person Note) with
textual information about that person. When I generate the narrated web site
that note is not included. I have tried various Event Note types without
success.

The online Wiki has not helped me to work out if what I want to do is
possible, nor given me any further hints of things to try.

Any suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks and advance.

regards
Stephen Meatheringham
Canberra, Australia