Re : Person & place selectors are horribly slow with large trees.

Re : Person & place selectors are horribly slow with large trees.

jerome
Paul,

>  It appears that Jerome and Serge might be thinking
 about this already, so I don't want to preempt anything
 with a PR as yet.

Feel free, go ahead.

The few things I did were tests for pseudo-refactoring and
many workarounds for all selectors. Or some tweak changes,
like on #9866, where we play with Gtk.SortType on columns.

To make the focus on the active handle for the
related selector (like on Form addon) could be
already an improvement.

Maybe none of this will make selectors faster for displaying
large tables. To set the active handle can spare time
and could make a faster search (better than nothing, after waiting a long time!)

That's also why I rather tested skip and filter arguments.
The idea was just to load a smaller dataset, using common rules
for search.

regards,
Jérôme

 -----La pièce jointe associée suit-----