Re: Scratch pad problems in 2.01

Richard Taylor-2
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 20:02, Theo Carr-Brion wrote:
> Also, the scratch pad comes up with a blank grey screen if I close it and
> the try again. It stays in the window list after I have closed it as if it
> has not closed properly. When it does this it will sometimes crash.

Fixed in CVS (on HEAD branch).

Richard

--
You can normally find me on Jabber as [hidden email]

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 20:25, Richard Taylor wrote:
> > I can also type text and a little edit box appears. I can not work out
> > what to do with this text. If I hit enter the box just disappears.
>
> So it does! I had never seen this before (and I wrote the ScratchPad)! It
> must be some sort of search interface for a standard Gtk ListBox. I'll have
> to look into it some more. This popup text input does not do anything in
> the ScratchPad you can just ignore it for now.

I now understand what this is meant to do. It is a simple interactive search
that will work on most listboxes. However, it does not do anything sensible
in the ScratchPad at the moment. I have switch it off altogether in the
ScratchPad until I can think of how to make it work sensibly.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Richard

--
You can normally find me on Jabber as [hidden email]