Re: Using the cloud with Gramps

David Reitz
I most definitely would like this!

On 2017-06-01 at 08:41:01 John Paton wrote:

> I am considering writing up a short explanation of how to set up and use
> dropbox with gramps. Would this be of any interest to others on this list?

> John Paton

Re: Using the cloud with Gramps

Paul Franklin-5
No matter how many times developers tell you all, that
it is not supported, may not work, only seems to work
for some people because a black cat hasn't crossed
their path recently, etc., the lure and demand for this
sort of thing is there.

There's nothing I can do about that.

But if you file a bug report when something goes
wrong and I happen to be the one who responds,
don't be too surprised when I say something like
"this is not supported, never has been supported,
and I hope you made an XML backup after every
time the DB was changed."

Paul Franklin wrote:

No matter how many times developers tell you all, that
it is not supported, may not work, only seems to work
for some people because a black cat hasn't crossed
their path recently, etc., the lure and demand for this
sort of thing is there.

There's nothing I can do about that.

But if you file a bug report when something goes
wrong and I happen to be the one who responds,
don't be too surprised when I say something like
"this is not supported, never has been supported,
and I hope you made an XML backup after every
time the DB was changed."

So you're saying I should just continue doing it the way I have been, all along? Of course, I back everything up regularly. I then take that backup and copy it over to the other device that I want to use it on, and load it up there. Tedious, but it does work as long as I don't plan on editing anything on the other device.

David