Quantcast

Re : XmlBlaster is MOM (Message Oriented Middleware) with a lot of features.

Re : XmlBlaster is MOM (Message Oriented Middleware) with a lot of features.

I am not certain to fully understand where XmlBlaster could be used,
but some moons ago, I played with lxml lib and Gramps XML content!

Generating an experimental addon[1], but stopping experimentations
on external protocols because it was something else (it was not
planned to use servers). Nothing really designed for production, rather tests.

Do you want to use a specific data set or the complete gramps data
with private records? As I did not want to play with such issues,
my testing data set was only for pseudo - "anonymized" surnames and places[2]!

Also, for fun, XPaths references have been listed[3].
So, it should not be too difficult to provide a new custom data set.

[1] https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Lxml_Gramplet
[2] https://github.com/gramps-project/addons-source/blob/master/lxml/query_html.xsl
[3] https://github.com/gramps-project/addons-source/blob/master/lxml/xpaths_4_2_x.txt

Jérôme

 Objet: [Gramps-devel] XmlBlaster is MOM (Message Oriented Middleware) with a lot of features.
 À: "'Gramps Developers'" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 4 février 2017, 10h42

 Hi,

 Many moons ago, while working on something else, I stumbled
 upon a Message
 Oriented Middleware package named XmlBlaster (http://www.xmlblaster.org)
 that is distributed under the terms of the GNU Library
 General Public
 License as published by the Free Software Foundation. Since
 Gramps data can
 be exported in XML format I figured XmlBlaster might fit
 into the future
 development of Gramps in some way, shape or form.

 So while, at least some of, Gramps' developers may be aware
 of XmlBlaster's
 existence I thought I'd throw it out there just to be sure.

 Regards, Jk.

Re: Re : XmlBlaster is MOM (Message Oriented Middleware) with a lot of features.

John W. Kitz-3
Jerome,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. At the time of writing this initial
post I hand little more in mind then exactly what I wrote in the post.
In the meantime a very, very, very rough idea might be to use XmlBlaster
in creating some kind of collaboration feature in Gramps or the ability
to exchange e.g. records from archives obtained at someone else's
request. Given your reply I'll think about it some more and maybe send
out a more detailed post at some point in the future.

Regards, Jk.

On 2017-02-04 14:25, jerome wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am not certain to fully understand where XmlBlaster could be used,
> but some moons ago,

: )