Recording same-gender marriages

diannereuby
I know this has been discussed recently, but I can't find it in the
archives or the wiki.

How do we record same-gender marriages? I'm using 4.0.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Do we create a family as normal, and then change the gender of the
father or mother accordingly?

Thanks,
Dianne

Re: Recording same-gender marriages

DS Blank
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:06 AM, Dianne <[hidden email]> wrote:
I know this has been discussed recently, but I can't find it in the
archives or the wiki.

How do we record same-gender marriages? I'm using 4.0.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Do we create a family as normal, and then change the gender of the
father or mother accordingly?

Yes, or you can apparently drag-and-drop an individual onto the dialog from the clipboard.

More discussion here about related topics and updates in 4.1:

-Doug

Thanks,
Dianne

Re: Recording same-gender marriages

paul womack
Dianne wrote:
> I know this has been discussed recently, but I can't find it in the
> archives or the wiki.

http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/23500399/

   BugBear

Re: Recording same-gender marriages

Ross Gammon
On 03/24/2015 09:53 AM, paul womack wrote:
> Dianne wrote:
>> I know this has been discussed recently, but I can't find it in the
>> archives or the wiki.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/23500399/
>
>    BugBear

And here: