Related ancestor export

gramps.lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

I do not know if this is a support question or a request. When I export
to XML the Filter - People with common ancestor with, this does not
export the spouses of people with common ancestor with the person. Is
there a setting to change that I have missed or should I file a request?

Many thanks.

BTW I have had Virtualbox back for a week now and I am running the SVN
version to make use of some of the features in development. I used the
how to at
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Running_a_development_version_of_Gramps

All I can say is WOW! I love all the new gramplets in particular. Well
done all. 3.1 will be cool :)

Re: playing with the dev version (was Related ancestor export)

gramps.lists.sourceforge.net
Cheers Rob,

I did not say but I was using trunk about a year ago until kernel
updates messed with vbox's head on my machine. I am glad Ubuntu and Sun
sorted it eventually.

I am a little green to know if I am running the same as 3.1. I think I
am not, and I do not know how to run that with trunk without another
vbox vmachine.

I would recommend anyone interested in seeing how future releases will
develop to have a try at this vbox method.

Adrian
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 19:46 -0800, Rob Healey wrote:
> Dear Adrian:
>
> I could not agree with you more!  I have been using 3.1, and now
> trunk, for a long time now!  I love all of the gramplets...
>
> Sincerely,
> Rob

Re: Related ancestor export

gramps.lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all

I have been looking more into this, and I think it may mean the need for
a new filter to be added.

The current 'People with common ancestor with' filter is fine for
tracing blood line relatives.

I think we need a new filter that can be used like the above query but
to include the spouses to those blood line relatives. I hope this makes
sense. It would helpful when exporting data to only export that which is
relevant to a person in question and mean we could make more meaningful
narrative web output. In fact I did see this in previous requests
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=1982

Cheers

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Adrian
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Hi all,
>
>         I do not know if this is a support question or a request. When
>         I export
>         to XML the Filter - People with common ancestor with, this
>         does not
>         export the spouses of people with common ancestor with the
>         person. Is
>         there a setting to change that I have missed or should I file
>         a request?
>
>         Many thanks.

Re: Related ancestor export

Tony Gordon
Adrian

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 04:22 +0000, Adrian wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have been looking more into this, and I think it may mean the need for
> a new filter to be added.
>
> The current 'People with common ancestor with' filter is fine for
> tracing blood line relatives.
>
> I think we need a new filter that can be used like the above query but
> to include the spouses to those blood line relatives. I hope this makes
> sense. It would helpful when exporting data to only export that which is
> relevant to a person in question and mean we could make more meaningful
> narrative web output. In fact I did see this in previous requests
> http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=1982
>
> Cheers
> >

> > On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Adrian
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >         Hi all,
> >
> >         I do not know if this is a support question or a request. When
> >         I export
> >         to XML the Filter - People with common ancestor with, this
> >         does not
> >         export the spouses of people with common ancestor with the
> >         person. Is
> >         there a setting to change that I have missed or should I file
> >         a request?
> >
> >         Many thanks.

What you need is a custom filter. Your first filter, lets call it
'filter1', 'People with a common ancestor with <person>' will only give
the blood line as you have experienced. So your second filter should
contain two rules: one is 'People matching the <filter1>', the second is
'Spouses of <filter1> match'. Under Options choose 'At least one rule
must apply'. This will give you what you want.

Tony