Quantcast

Relation filter not working

Gene Smith
I setup 'People related to <... ID:="I4040"' filter. It shows almost
everyone in my database. I am on the list of related people the filter
produces. When I check my relation back to person I4040 using
"Tools/Utilities/Relationship calculator..." it says we are NOT related.
We are just distant in-laws and not directly related.

Is there a known problem with the person filter for relation checking in
gramps version 4.2.4?

The reason I was doing this is because I wanted to removed everyone who
an ancestor of or related to person I4040.

Re: Relation filter not working

Mary Lynch
On 24/01/2017 06:00, Gene Smith wrote:

> I setup 'People related to <... ID:="I4040"' filter. It shows almost
> everyone in my database. I am on the list of related people the filter
> produces. When I check my relation back to person I4040 using
> "Tools/Utilities/Relationship calculator..." it says we are NOT related.
> We are just distant in-laws and not directly related.
>
> Is there a known problem with the person filter for relation checking in
> gramps version 4.2.4?
>
> The reason I was doing this is because I wanted to removed everyone who
> an ancestor of or related to person I4040.
I think "People related to ..." is intended to include connections by
marriage. Perhaps it should be renamed.

You could try "People with a common ancestor with a specified person".

Mary